Would you like to know how many people have visited this page? Or how reputable the author is? Simply
sign up for a Advocate premium membership and you'll automatically see this data on every article. Plus a lot more, too.
I have 190 fans: Become a Fan. You'll get emails whenever I post articles on OpEd News
Pepe Escobar is an independent geopolitical analyst. He writes for RT, Sputnik and TomDispatch, and is a frequent contributor to websites and radio and TV shows ranging from the US to East Asia. He is the former roving correspondent for Asia Times Online. Born in Brazil, he's been a foreign correspondent since 1985, and has lived in London, Paris, Milan, Los Angeles, Washington, Bangkok and Hong Kong. Even before 9/11 he specialized in covering the arc from the Middle East to Central and East Asia, with an emphasis on Big Power geopolitics and energy wars. He is the author of "Globalistan" (2007), "Red Zone Blues" (2007), "Obama does Globalistan" (2009) and "Empire of Chaos" (2014), all published by Nimble Books. His latest book is "2030", also by Nimble Books, out in December 2015.
SHARE Friday, August 5, 2022 How a Missile in Kabul Connects to a Speaker in Taipei
The Speaker's escapade was concomitant to the definitive burial of the "war on terror" cycle and its metastasis into the "war on Eurasia" era. It may have unwittingly provided the last missing cog to turbo-charge the complex machinery of the Russia-China strategic partnership.
(2 comments) SHARE Wednesday, June 29, 2022 Behind the Tin Curtain - BRICS+ vs NATO/G7
It would be misguided to expect those G7 luminaries gathered in Bavaria to understand the absurdity of imposing a price cap on Russian oil and gas exports for instance. Were that to really happen Moscow will have no problems fully cutting energy supply to the G7 and if other nations are excluded the price of the oil and gas they import would drastically increase.
(2 comments) SHARE Monday, June 20, 2022 St. Petersburg Sets the Stage for the War of Economic Corridors
The contrast between the St. Petersburg debates on a possible re-wiring of our world and the Three Stooges Taking a Train to Nowhere to tell a mediocre Ukrainian comedian to calm down and negotiate his surrender as confirmed by German intelligence could not be starker.
(5 comments) SHARE Wednesday, May 25, 2022 NATO vs Russia - What Happens Next
Three months after the start of Russia's Operation Z in Ukraine, the battle of The West (12 percent) against The Rest (88 percent) keeps metastasizing yet the narrative oddly remains the same.
(9 comments) SHARE Friday, May 20, 2022 Russia Rewrites The Art of Hybrid War
Hybrid War is being fought predominantly in the economic/financial battleground and the pain dial for the collective West will only go up.
SHARE Friday, May 13, 2022 Empire of Bioweapon Lies
An ongoing U.S. bioweapons program in Ukraine was one of the Top Three reasons that led to the launch of Operation Z side by side with preventing an imminent NATO managed blitzkrieg against Donbass and Kiev's desire to restart a nuclear weapons program.
(1 comments) SHARE Sunday, May 8, 2022 Megalopolis x Russia: Total War
After careful evaluation, the Kremlin is rearranging the geopolitical chessboard to end the unipolar hegemony of the "indispensable nation".
History may eventually register, 77 years after the end of WWII, that neocon/neoliberalcon psychos in Washington silos instigating an inter-Slavic war by ordering Kiev to launch a blitzkrieg against Donbass was the spark that led to the Fall of the U.S. Empire.
(19 comments) SHARE Sunday, April 10, 2022 The Total War to Cancel Russia
Vast swathes of NATOstan have been corralled into behaving like a Russophobic lynch mob. No dissent is tolerated.