Share on Facebook 6 Share on Twitter Printer Friendly Page More Sharing
Life Arts    H4'ed 8/15/19

Dog Believes in Sixties Music! We should follow the advice now more than ever

By       (Page 1 of 1 pages)     (# of views)   14 comments
Message Daniel Geery

We have two dogs, Daphne, a Goldendoodle, smart, funny, the love or our lives, although she's having some troubles now at age 9 (looking into that as I write this); and Loden, a Keeshound, that had a year of abuse before we got him. Age 6, he still has serious PTSD, to the point where we recently concluded I can't walk him in our local park, even with leash and seldom used shock collar. He is a delight in the house and usually outside, but reactive enough on sporadic occasions that I've had to stop taking him where there are other dogs or people (Keeshounds were supposedly bred to be watchdogs on Norwegian barges, as I tend to believe; ironically, my wife gave him that name, Loden, after she met just such a fellow on a Buddhist retreat; he both helped my wife and said the name means "seeker of serenity"). Our dog's still working on that one, though clearly in the process...

Meanwhile, I've started getting him to walk on our Nordic track for the needed exercise. Here's a video of that from yesterday, with the soundtrack added by my stepson, Jack Crawford.

(Article changed on August 15, 2019 at 16:18)

Touching 2   Interesting 2   Inspiring 2
Rate It | View Ratings

Daniel Geery Social Media Pages: Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in       Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in       Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in       Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

In my run for U.S. Senate against Utah's Orrin Hatch, I posted many progressive ideas and principles that I internalized over the years. I'm leaving that site up indefinitely, since it describes what I believe most members of our species truly (more...)

CIA Agent Confesses On Deathbed: 'We Blew Up WTC7 On 9/11'...YourNewsWire.com

Why have kids?

The Foundation of Religion Fractured, shaky, and exposed

Military Coup Has Taken Over the U.S. A., Without a Single Shot Fired

Living on Sunshine, Underground & Off the Grid.

Comments Image Post Article Comment and Rate This Article

These discussions are not moderated. We rely on users to police themselves, and flag inappropriate comments and behavior. In accordance with our Guidelines and Policies, we reserve the right to remove any post at any time for any reason, and will restrict access of registered users who repeatedly violate our terms.

• OpEdNews welcomes lively, CIVIL discourse. Personal attacks and/or hate speech are not tolerated and may result in banning.
  • Comments should relate to the content above. Irrelevant, off-topic comments are a distraction, and will be removed.
  • By submitting this comment, you agree to all OpEdNews rules, guidelines and policies.

Comment Here:

You can enter 2000 characters. To remove limit, please click here.
Please login or register. Afterwards, your comment will be published.

Username
Password

Forgot your password? Click here and we will send an email to the address you used when you registered.
First Name
Last Name

I am at least 16 years of age
(make sure username & password are filled in. Note that username must be an email address.)

5 people are discussing this page, with 14 comments  Post Comment

Janet Supriano

(Member since Oct 7, 2013), 12 fans, 1902 comments
Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Aw, Daniel, a perfect video and great music. I miss OUR music. Love to Daphne and Loden. Oh yeh, ... you and Christine, too. LOL

As you know, Packy is the love of my life.

She's my 14 lbs. of headstrong.

We're chillin' in 106 degrees today! Ugh. :)

Submitted on Thursday, Aug 15, 2019 at 7:20:51 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (3+)

David Watts

(Member since Jan 31, 2008), 13 fans, 19 articles, 26 quicklinks, 2223 comments, 27 diaries

Reply to Janet Supriano:   New Content

Another cold snap, eh? Are you and Packy surviving?

Submitted on Friday, Aug 16, 2019 at 10:13:05 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

Janet Supriano

(Member since Oct 7, 2013), 12 fans, 1902 comments

Reply to David Watts:   New Content

Survivin' ain't livin', my friend. And the Powers-that-Shouldn't-Be understand that concept very well!

Oh..you meant the heat. :)

Submitted on Friday, Aug 16, 2019 at 10:17:43 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

John Rachel

(Member since Jun 2, 2011), 45 fans, 76 articles, 3444 comments, 2 diaries
Not paid member although Facebook page url on login Profile is filled in Not paid member although Twitter page url on login Profile is filled in Not paid member although Linkedin page url on login Profile is filled in Not paid member although Instagram page url on login Profile is filled in

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Not my place to question your choice of music soundtrack, but I think for your dog's exercise to be more socially/politically relevant, you should choose something more contemporary.

I LOVE IT (I DON'T CARE)

Submitted on Thursday, Aug 15, 2019 at 10:59:01 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (4+)

Daniel Geery

(Member since Jul 9, 2009), 69 fans, 365 articles, 3565 quicklinks, 16586 comments, 180 diaries

Reply to John Rachel:   New Content

It's a toss-up. I feel like Mark Twain: I have trouble making up my mind, because it's so large.

Submitted on Thursday, Aug 15, 2019 at 11:54:27 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (4+)

David Watts

Reply to John Rachel:   New Content

All of us are watching our Mother Earth Car crashing into the bridge. I am tired of thinking about it. Thank you John for giving me my new motto: " I don't care, I love it."

Or in other words,

ابوي: البرجر فيه سعرات حراريه كثير حيضر صحتك انا: اي دونت كير.. اي لوف ات

...

Submitted on Friday, Aug 16, 2019 at 6:59:23 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

Michael Fairchild

(Member since Nov 14, 2016), 2 fans, 62 comments
Not paid member and Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in Not paid member and Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in Not paid member and Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in Not paid member and Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Now that's my kind of music. I too am a baby boomer vintage 1948. Love it!!

Thinking of getting a labradoodle :-)

Submitted on Friday, Aug 16, 2019 at 7:28:28 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (4+)

David Watts

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Watching Loden's legs going and his tongue hanging out made me smile big time. I think you and Loden were born to be wild. Loden would look great on the seat behind you. Get your motor runnin,' head out on the highway, go lookin' for adventure, and take Loden along for a ride.

("In a car you're always in a compartment, and because you're used to it you don't realize that through that car window everything you see is just more TV. You're a passive observer and it is all moving by you boringly in a frame.

On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming."

" Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild (Easy Rider) (1969)
(Image by YouTube, Channel: Retrospective Soundtrack)
Details DMCA

"Born To Be Wild"

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space

I like smoke and lightning
Heavy metal thunder
Racin' with the wind
And the feelin' that I'm under
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen

We can climb so high
I never wanna die

Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Submitted on Friday, Aug 16, 2019 at 6:20:42 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

Daniel Geery

Reply to David Watts:   New Content

Thanks David, I could not for the life of me remember who made that song. Of course I remembered immediately when I saw that!

Over the course of my life I've had five bikes. And been too close to the road on a number of occasions! The last one was on a mountain pass in Costa Rica and I had to go to an emergency hospital where the guy could speak about as much English as I do Spanish, which made it very interesting. We were on the way to the airport for me to return and I had to get a medical extension. I was wrapped up like a mummy and pumped with hydrocodone.

Anyway thanks for the feedback to all the above. Greatly appreciated.

Submitted on Friday, Aug 16, 2019 at 8:52:47 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

David Watts

Reply to Daniel Geery:   New Content

I wonder if that film might have been taken riding in Utah. I have never been to Utah other than SLC. I suppose it might have been Nevada.

I hate to admit this but I had longed for a long time to get me a Harley. I saved all my money and I had one picked out. It was so good looking. But then what did I do? I opted for the aluminum siding. What a fool I was and I guess, I probably still am. But I don't care anymore, I love it. :)

I never really was going to get me a Harley. And,I never got aluminum siding. But, I have often thought about how much fun it must be to go out riding.

I remember a long time ago a commercial about a guy that did long for a Harley. But yes, he opted for the aluminum siding. I've always remembered that.

Submitted on Friday, Aug 16, 2019 at 9:56:14 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

David Watts

Reply to Daniel Geery:   New Content

So you are a bike rider. I honestly had an inkling you might be. Or maybe, I was just hoping you were. But you being a rider does not surprise me. After all, you ski the deep powder. :)

Submitted on Friday, Aug 16, 2019 at 10:09:46 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

IndentIndentIndent

Daniel Geery

Reply to David Watts:   New Content

If I were to get a bike now, Christine would send me packing! But I have been looking for a long time and more recently into a motorized hang glider.

Meanwhile, back on rollerblades which I recommend as the best form of human transport. So much like skiing, gets every joint and muscle. Keeps things slow enough to be able to enjoy the scenery.

BUT--always a but or a butt--my three rules after I think four trips to the ER over the years on rbs, are LLL. As in Look where the f y're going; Loose, as a cat; Low, as in keep your CG as low as possible. The last being tricky for me, with a skinny or what I call a "non-ass." Though over the years I have had two women, including Christine, say that I have "the buns of a race horse!"

Not much more I can say without writing another book...

Submitted on Friday, Aug 16, 2019 at 10:36:36 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

IndentIndentIndentIndent

David Watts

Reply to Daniel Geery:   New Content

A motorized hang glider sounds fun and interesting. If it were me, I would stick with a prop and forgo a jet engine.

Maybe go hang glide around the Utah Data Center. Let them know you are watching.

Sign in front of the Utah Data Center where the NSA stores all of our emails, phone calls, web searches, texts, and who knows what else...

(Image by Unknown Owner) Details DMCA

(Image by Unknown Owner) Details DMCA

Submitted on Saturday, Aug 17, 2019 at 4:04:03 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

IndentIndentIndentIndentIndent

Daniel Geery

Reply to David Watts:   New Content

Search for Greenpeace blimp over NSA in Utah.

Submitted on Saturday, Aug 17, 2019 at 9:27:29 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (0+)

Want to post your own comment on this Article? Post Comment