I believe the plan itself was at first developed just as an alternative and originally was not supposed to be implemented. Eventually it became a long- term option. Most likely the origin goes to Y1999- 2000 when the GOP team began to assemble and money started to pour in. That’s when the enablers, Cheney and Rumsfeld were apparently chosen. I would say there were several other direct participants/developers:
- Osama Bin Ladin
- Saudi Prince
- Israeli Special Ops coordinator
- At least one representative from the perspective group of hijackers.
- A representative of the US Secret Service
I would like to state unequivocally that I think that neither Bush nor Condi or Powell knew about this plan. I think they surely wanted to fulfill their promises to those who put them in power in the Y2001 but none of them contemplated any of the ‘trigger acts’ of that magnitude. It is especially relevant when talking about Bush- a visibly mentally challenged individual who surely should not be given any chance to handle such information.
It occurs to me that most likely they discussed several possible scenarios and had chosen the one proposed by the Israeli coordinator. Among those enablers the Israelis should have the utmost respect because of their connections and expertise.
The final scenario was as follows;
- The Israelis would provide a group of terrorists, some being double agents to do the job.
- The job was to concentrate in the US and hijack several airplanes in the same time. The hijackers were supposed to commandeer the vehicles, be able to fly them and threaten to ram those into WTC and other buildings of importance. I believe that the original plan did not presume any fatal casualties in the planes.
- The planes were to circle around New York and Washington for a while so that people would be able to see them. The hijackers were supposed to present the list of their demands and broadcast those throughout the world.
- Our President was supposed to come back from Sarasota elementary school all ‘Bushy- tailed’ and start the negotiations practically under the gun. Time for the negotiations would be limited by the amount of fuel in the airplanes.
- In the midst of the negotiations Osama Bin Ladin would reemerge as a middle man and convince the hijackers to surrender to the Saudi authorities. The planes were to land safely and the hijackers were to be fled by a private jet to Saudi Arabia. There they would reveal Saddam Hussein as their primary customer.