As an engineer and a PhD I am trained to be rational and system- thinking. But the events unfolding (or unraveling) confuse even me. Those are the things I do not understand. I cannot find a rational explanation for them:
- A very simple Bernulli equation would have predicted in advance how much oil could DeepWater Horizon " zip' through that cap/funnel of theirs. Why then it was not told to us in advance. Was that "team of scientists' afraid that if we headr the number 1800 barrels/day we would not allow that thing to be done? And why was not that prediction told to the President?
- What is the goal of BP- to close the oil fountain or to control it?
- Why does not our govt announce that it guarantees the expenses of any legit. business who will help to clean the oil off and why does not our govt say that those expenses will be covered from the BPs pocket?
- Why does not our President call for AmeriCorps and all NGOs to summon temporary workers as many as possible to organize in the "cleaning armies', while guaranteeing those people housing, food and min. wages through FEMA? Why does not it offer citizenship to all migrants who will go and work for cleaning?
- Why does not our govt announce once and for all that BP only pays for the cleaning but does not perform it and that govt does it through its resources and local organizations ? Same with the wildlife.