2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore our nation to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our actions over to the care of The American People as we understood them.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to The American People, to ourselves, and to another member of Congress the exact nature of our wrongs in enabling this crisis.
6. Were entirely ready to remove all members of defective character in the Executive Branch according to the will of The American People .
7. Humbly asked The American People for their support in removing the offenders from office.
8. Made a list of all persons that had been harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought to improve our conscious contact with The American People as we understood Them, praying only for knowledge of Their will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a political awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
From the Big Book of P.A., while introducing the 12 Steps in Chapter 5: How It Works:
Remember that we deal with Cheney, Rove and their ilk - cunning, baffling, powerful. Without impeachment they are too much for us.
Half measures such as censures, threats of 'sleep-overs" and other rebukes availed us nothing. We stood at the turning point. We asked for the people's support...