For Immediate Release
For Further Information
Please contact Robert Cohen 310-717-0541
LOS ANGELES, CA - Thursday, January 17th, 2008 - Public Interest Pictures (PIP) announces the launch of THE CAMPAIGN FOR ELECTION PROTECTION, the newest division of PIP's ongoing non-partisan mission to create MEDIA TOOLS FOR THE GRASSROOTS™. The campaign, at www.pipdocs.org, bridges the efforts of election protection groups and supports their various strategies by providing the new media tools and resources needed to reach greater audiences.
Virtual Town Halls and Leadership Dialogues - Featuring Q&A conference calls, as well as recorded and live web presentations with various leaders of the Election Protection movement;
Election Protection House Parties - Get info on house parties near you or receive materials for hosting your own, including feature films like Hacking Democracy on DVD from Public Interest Pictures;
Rapid Response Videos - Short web based video news clips to share and forward, providing both news and support for various grassroots election protection campaigns and organizations. Produced in conjunction with www.electionvideonews.com;
Election Protection Action Items - Stay involved in the effort with links to various petitions, fundraising efforts, and live events being held across the country;
Here is what you can do with our first group, VOTER ACTION - WWW.VOTERACTION.ORG:
- View our Media Tools. Learn about new election evidence, featuring a video introduction from Voter Action to "The Trouble with Touch Screens" by Dan Rather Reports.
- Sign Voter Action's On-line Petition. Call on Congress to open a full investigation into the companies behind America's voting systems.
- Watch and listen to PIP's Virtual Town Hall Discussions. Consider solutions and strategies from various perspectives. Panel includes: John Bonifaz and Holly Jacobson—Directors, Voter Action; Ion Sancho - Supervisor of Elections Leon County, FL; Tom Courbat - Executive Director of Save R Vote - Riverside CA.
- Join the Voter Action LIVE Q&A CONFERENCE CALL. Talk with John Bonifaz, Holly Jacobson, Ion Sancho, Tom Courbat and other concerned citizens.
Saturday, February 16th, 2008 at 4pm EST Call (212) 812-2800 or toll free (888) 550-5602 & enter code 0154 3567 To submit questions online, log in at: https://www.spiderphone.com/01543567
This discussions will be moderated by Robert Carrillo Cohen, producer from the EMMY® Nominated HBO documentary Hacking Democracy and www.electionvideonews.com, and director of Public Interest Pictures Campaign for Election Protection.
(Be sure to watch "The Trouble with Touchscreens" and the other related campaign videos with your friends and colleagues before joining the call).
- Donate to Voter Action. Support efforts to file litigation against voting system vendors.
PUBLIC INTEREST PICTURES' CAMPAIGN FOR ELECTION PROTECTION is a great, ongoing way for individuals and groups to make a difference. PIP is not just a documentary company. We're activists who make documentaries as an extension of our activism. Our current films include "Hacking Democracy", "Unprecedented", and "Unconstitutional". Upcoming films include "Broadcast Blues" and "One Nation Under God". Find out how we can produce media tools to support your efforts. For updates and information on Public Interest Pictures, documentary house parties and the ongoing Campaign for Election Protection:
VISITWWW.PIPDOCS.ORG & WWW.VOTERACTION.ORG