Here are some tips on becoming a blogger. Keep in mind that OpEdNews.com offers users their own member page that can easily be used to serve the functions. The advantage of blogging
- Think about what your goals for the blog are.
- write about something you can keep writing about and know a lot about.
- Pick a content management system-- wordpress, blogger, google the different options and pick one. Wordpress is the most popular.
- write postings at least a few times a week.
- share using twitter, facebook, linkedin, reddit, etc. Make sure you use hashtags to expand your reach How to Use Twitter Hashtags to Blast Your Reach and Build Your Follower Base
- have guest bloggers, and ask them to share with their followers
- Create titles that are Search Engine Optimized (SEO) Create Search Engine Optimized Great Article Titles
- remember that a blog is a central element of a PLATFORM. Learn about platforms.
- Consider blogging on a community blog. The advantage is the whole blog has a lot more readers and higher SEO cred. It also offers a lot of tech expertise. Opednews.com has close to 100,000 users, is one ofa small number of sites indexed by Google news, and it has many, many tools that are not standard with independent blogging platforms, like polls, search and insert for royalty-free images, what you see is what you get paste-in posting, great SEO tools built in, social sharing tools built in and scores more features. You can also blog at Huffingtonpost, Dailykos, Medium and a lot of other sites. If you choose to use a community blog, of course you'll want that's very compatible with you and the people who you want to reach and connect with.
Rob Kall is an award winning journalist, inventor, software architect,
connector and visionary. His work and his writing have been featured in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, CNN, ABC, the HuffingtonPost, Success, Discover and other media. He's given talks and workshops to Fortune
500 execs and national medical and psychological organizations, and pioneered
first-of-their-kind conferences in Positive Psychology, Brain Science and
Story. He hosts some of the world's smartest, most interesting and powerful
people on his Bottom Up Radio Show,
and founded and publishes one of the top Google- ranked progressive news and
opinion sites, OpEdNews.com
more detailed bio:
Rob Kall has spent his adult life as an awakener and empowerer-- first in the field of biofeedback, inventing products, developing software and a music recording label, MuPsych, within the company he founded in 1978-- Futurehealth, and founding, organizing and running 3 conferences: Winter Brain, on Neurofeedback and consciousness, Optimal Functioning and Positive Psychology (a pioneer in the field of Positive Psychology, first presenting workshops on it in 1985) and Storycon Summit Meeting on the Art Science and Application of Story-- each the first of their kind. Then, when he found the process of raising people's consciousness and empowering them to take more control of their lives one person at a time was too slow, he founded Opednews.com-- which has been the top search result on Google for the terms liberal news and progressive opinion for several years. Rob began his Bottom-up Radio show, broadcast on WNJC 1360 AM to Metro Philly, also available on iTunes, covering the transition of our culture, business and world from predominantly Top-down (hierarchical, centralized, authoritarian, patriarchal, big) to bottom-up (egalitarian, local, interdependent, grassroots, archetypal feminine and small.) Recent long-term projects include a book, Bottom-up-- The Connection Revolution, debillionairizing the planet and the Psychopathy Defense and Optimization Project.
Rob Kall Wikipedia Page
Rob Kall's Bottom Up Radio (more...)