1. The problem in logic: most of the progressives claim not to believe a word from the government and MSM but they firmly believe that Al- Qaeda exists and that Gitmo prisoners are in fact (at least most of them) dangerous criminals who cannot be set free.
2. The problem in ideology: most of the progressives hate banks, Wall St, support the OWS etc. At the same time, socialism is a dirty word, communism is associated only with Stalin (who was not a communist,BTW) and any attempt to mention that we here need to unite with Unions falls on dead ears.
3. Lack of perception. To my amazement so far I had not seen any Union or working- class author on the site.
5. The hypocritical duality: we are against the war but ... are OK with drones ( primarily). We agree that Bush lied to us but still... it is OK that we are in Iraq and Afghanistan ( so far very rarely we call Iraqi war or Afghan war what it was - invasion and aggression). We are against the war but .. we love our troops.
6. Hubris. No matter what we discuss we practically always look from above. What are we going to do with ' those people'? How can we help ' those people'? How can we harm ' them' without knowing it? NEVER we even entertain the idea that those people can do something to us and be right.
8. Intellectual laziness. We do not believe in the reliability of our election process but we firmly believe that what the MSM says about the candidates is worth listening to.
9. Complacency: We curse the MSM, but... we use the MSM- developed language: liberal, progressive, conservative, middle class, budget problem, racial and ethnic communities.. all of that is an aura which is created by the media and we use it without thinking.
10. Shallowness and slimy love: Oh boy, our love had put to death millions of people but we here still firmly believe that we are nt responsible and that we cannot be legitimate targets of vengeance. We screw the Humankind like that rapist which after the deed tells a woman to tidy up because she looks disgusting.
We here are not bad people; it seems that we are average. The tendencies though are alarmingly coherent and alarmingly well-known: most of us do not like the system but .. we love it. I think, in such case the GOP and Co. will always win because they like the system and ..love it too. Something to think about?