I'm writing this article to explain to readers what my thinking is. OpEdNews has been and will continue to be a very open site that allows a lot of room for discussion and questions. But I'm taking a top-down approach and cracking down on right wing rooted conspiracy theories and the very specific language associated with them.
These are easy
Here are some right wing conspiracy theories. The first ones are pretty easy for progressives to agree on, that they are conspiracy theories:
- Black Lives Matter protests have been besieged by massive, frequent attacks by Antifa.
- Black Lives Matter protests are bogus because George Soros and left wing think tanks have funded them and thus, control them
- Obama is a Muslim-- rooted in right wing messaging
- Kamala Harris-- not eligible to be president-- rooted in right wing messaging
- Sandy Hook massacre was a false flag operation aimed at justifying taking away people's guns.-- rooted in right wing messaging
- Pizzagate, which accused prominent Democrats of conducting a child-trafficking ring out of a Washington, D.C., pizzeria-- rooted in right wing messaging
- QAnon-- according to the NYTimes, QAno n "is the umbrella term for a sprawling set of internet conspiracy theories that allege... that the world is run by a cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles who are plotting against Mr. Trump while operating a global child sex-trafficking ring.
It's hard not think that anyone who buys any of these is gullible. Do you buy any of the above? If so, you're probably You a lost cause and I'd be happy to sell you a bridge on Mars. But be aware that when you promote ANY of these messages, you are helping the right wing people and organizations who created them and gave them life.
Some Conspiracy Theories that are duping progressives
Now, the following theories are harder for some on the left who have been duped into actually helping the creators of the right wing rooted messaging AND the strategies behind those words and ideas.
- New world order, One world government- are rooted in right wing messaging. Yes, it is a concept that has been used before, but it was re-invented for Qanon and the Trump in 2016.
- Plandemic as a scheme by the "deep state" to take over the world and take away democracy-- rooted in right wing messaging.
- Mask wearing and rejection of social distancing as part of a conspiracy to take away your liberties-- rooted in right wing messaging.
- Fauci was involved in starting Covid-29 and is making billions-- right wing messaging.
Think you're a progressive but you are buying these messages? Then you may be, as I wrote in my previous article, a duped progressive serving right wing interests.
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).