Don't call him that. You can't call him that. You know, calling Donald Trump that nasty 'F' word. People cringe when they hear an American President referred to by that horrid moniker.
Well, let's just cut to the chase and scream from the rooftops that Donald Trump is showing a vast number of the traits that he is a true FASCIST.
We hate that word in America. Up until a couple of years ago, many of us never thought we'd see the day when an American President would show the true colors of a fascist renegade, but now we have one. Donald John Trump. But you just can't shoot off the hip in journalism, even as a liberal or a progressive, without some sort of gauge to measure things like Fascism. There is no need to go into great detail on any or all of the traits listed below. Anybody following the news for a past few years, even as a casual observer, would know of numerous incidents of Trump's actions, words (and yes, even of the 140-character-or-less variety), along with his sordid misdeeds and repugnant transgressions, and why the list has been generated here, more or less to put something on the Trumpenstenian "white board".
So here goes....Early warning signs of a Fascist leader include the following:
* Rampant cronyism and corruption
* Fostering a growing and powerful nationalism
* Trying to get rid of human rights
* Fraudulent elections
* Utilizing conspiracy theories of real or imagined enemies - trying to gather a populist interest in such political chaos as a "unifying factor"
* Rampant sexism and racism
* Making a chosen religion superior to all others, but in the end, religion is just a tool to feed the flames of populism, along with helping to establish and validate a degenerate and depraved political and economic structure
* Having a controlled mass media, and if this isn't possible, trying to do away entirely with the mass media
* The established rules only apply to the opposition. A fascist leader makes his own set of rules and if they don't fit, the leader will scrap them and develop other rules that will work out better for him
* Having an obsession with national security
* Trying to combine the government with a religion
* Corporate elites are protected by the government