Is it fair that individuals in one country earn $1 an hour, and individuals in another nation earn $30 an hour essentially doing the same thing? Let the highest paid worker earn no more than 3 times the lowest earning income.
10. We need to encourage neighborhood control of neighborhood schools to create neighborhood togetherness and intentional communities--something that has never been tried yet. We can implement a decentralized, non-hierarchical, or grassroots, approach to public schools: The neighbors who live within the boundaries of each public elementary school (middle or high schools possibly later) will be encouraged to democratically select their own school board, which will establish and implement a school philosophy and curriculum for the neighborhood school, using public funds. It is not necessary to have federal, state, county, and township school superintendent control of neighborhood schools. We can build from the bottom-up.
Neighborhood control of public elementary schools will promote local self determination and a long, lost sense of neighborhood togetherness. It can reduce crime, as neighborhood school districts ideally become tribal, intentional communities.
Local neighborhood groups will probably search the Internet and study the most effective schools and various school curriculums. Residents will be forced to think independently and philosophically. In the process, neighbors will get to know one another better, and they will build a close-knit community. Parents, other residents, and senior citizens in the neighborhood will become better educated citizens, as they strive to become better teachers and tutors in the neighborhoods where they live.
Using backyards and even front yards--organic and composted, local food production could be incorporated into a school district's curriculum. The current reliance on public school "experts" who dictate who can teach, what to teach, and how to teach has not worked well for our society.
11. We ultimately need to call for a fair and democratic Constitutional Convention of 100 delegates proportionally represented from the national political parties that capture at least one percent of the vote to create a new national constitution. Thomas Jefferson thought we should have a new constitution with every new generation.
12. We need to implement public banking and eliminate the Federal Reserve now. Ultimately we can encourage proportional representation with a unicameral national legislature, ranked-choice voting, the elimination of the Electoral College System for electing a president, and the empowerment of multiple political parties.
13. We need to be concerned about every person and species on the planet. The United States government and the lifestyles of average Americans are harming and hurting the world. The United States needs to repent of its collective sins, and in an individualized way, it needs to ask each nation it has ever exploited for forgiveness. This might set a new precedent in international relationships.
14. We need to encourage veganism for ecological, ethical, and health reasons to promote sustainable practices for future generations.
15. We need single-payer health insurance or Medicare for All.
16. Instead of charging students for higher public education, we should make it free. In fact, we could even pay students and older adults for their academic achievements, if we truly value education.
17. We need to eliminate large capitalist corporations and require workplace democracy in companies that have 7 or more employees. The workers create the wealth; they should participate in the decision-making.
18. We need to demand that our government stop intervening into the affairs of other countries in order to implement our own business agenda at their expense, to their detriment.
19. We need to lead the world in reducing all military spending, and in dismantling all nuclear weapons that are currently on the face of the earth. The U.S. will bring home all military personnel and close down the government's 700 military bases around the world. Even with such a drawdown, our nation will retain more than enough capacity to defend its own borders. Some of the money previously spent on the military can be used to create new jobs throughout the world in the countries that need them: "And they shall turn their swords into ploughshares." (Isaiah 2:4) Many of the existing military ships, submarines, and planes throughout the world can be used for low-budget travel and tourism to promote goodwill among nations and world citizens.
20. State governments can be encouraged to write new constitutions to build government democratically from the bottom-up, from the neighborhood block club, to the voting precinct, to the township level, then to the city or county level, and ultimately to the state level. Each level of legislative government could make executive and judicial branch appointments. Elected legislators at each level could vote among themselves to send a legislator to the next level above it.
Giving more power to the legislative branch at each level can work better than the current policy in which many individuals vote a straight ticket for several races, for candidates whom they know nothing about.