To my Senators and Congressmen—
Why haven't you reached an accord on the order of Impeachment proceedings? You were more than ready to Impeach Clinton over an affair and be the laughing stocks of the world. But here is an administration blatantly guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors and you stand by and do NOTHING!
It is time for you to look in the mirror and ask these questions of your self—
- Where does my vested interest lay? Is it still with the citizens who put me in this position?
- Has being a "career" politician become just that, a career/job?
- Am I now harbored in self-servitude, the lobbyists, and fear of whatever threats have been made to me in the background by this administration?
- How can I look at myself--yet alone live with myself knowing that I am a cog in the machine that is destroying this nation through sanctioned graft and corruption?
- How can I continue to allow our soldiers and civilian be put in "harm's way" for a war that you are not willing to let your own children join up for because you know that it isn't "just"!
Ladies and gentlemen, I say to you just one succinct thing which is on the minds and voices of a multitude of Americans—Simply put—
Either Stand-Up and do your duty—or, Stand-down, leave and let someone with some backbone do the job that needs to be done! Because this travesty has gone on far too long! End this madness Impeach this administration and bring my fellow "Comrades-In-Arms" home NOW!
—Robert 'Standing Eagle' Marshall, MSgt, USAF Combat Photojournalist, Retired