· grants itself the right to starve the populations of Iran and Venezuela in the name of the right of people to self-determination ,
· proceeds to destroy one country in the Middle East (Yemen), creating the worst humanitarian crisis in the world, after having destroyed three other nations (Iraq, Libya and Syria),
· goes after countries rich in natural resources in the name of Western values (Iraq, Libya, Syria for their oil, and Venezuela for its oil and gold),
· scorns the Habeas Corpus (Guantanamo),
· tortures prisoners (Abu Ghraib),
· massacres populations (My Lai),
· exonerates itself of international laws,
· lies shamelessly to the Security Council before invading Iraq,
· believes its security is worth the death of 500,000 children,
· unilaterally withdraws from two major international treaties (INF and JCPOA), raising tension in international relations in the process,
· imposes its laws extraterritorially?
What country gives democratic lessons to the world while nearly half of its electorates failed to vote in the presidential elections of the last thirty years? What country is this whose carceral population is greater in absolute and relative numbers than any other country in the world? What country is this whose inequality rate is higher than in any other developed economies? What kind of developed country is this where 27 million people have no health insurance coverage? What kind of country is this whose military expenditures are higher than those of the next eight countries?
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).