Share on Facebook 17 Share on Twitter Printer Friendly Page More Sharing

What Needs to be Done to Alter Climate Change? Here are a few questions that need answers.

By       (Page 1 of 1 pages)     (# of views)   5 comments
Message Daniel Geery

Guy McPherson in Santa Cruz w/i Alekz Londos: April 2019 Please subscribe for updates to new videos. guymcpherson.com onlyloveremains.org At the Santa Cruz Resource Center for Nonviolence with ...
(Image by YouTube, Channel: Nature Bats Last)
  Details   DMCA

For all that is said about the Green New Deal, Climate Change, Greta Thunberg, etc. etc., here are some the actual questions that I have yet to see answers to. I don't agree 100% with all that Guy says, but that would about 1/100th of all he says and mainly concerns the unknown possible innovations we have yet to think of. BUT scarcely anyone is even aware of the innovations that would even be needed. So to anyone who holds hope for slowing, halting, or reversing climate change, I'd rather not hear from you until you can address these concerns--which are the tip of the iceberg, given all else we are actively doing by the hour to take down the biosphere, full speed ahead.

Rate It | View Ratings

Daniel Geery Social Media Pages: Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in       Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in       Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in       Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

In my run for U.S. Senate against Utah's Orrin Hatch, I posted many progressive ideas and principles that I internalized over the years. I'm leaving that site up indefinitely, since it describes what I believe most members of our species truly (more...)

CIA Agent Confesses On Deathbed: 'We Blew Up WTC7 On 9/11'...YourNewsWire.com

Why have kids?

The Foundation of Religion Fractured, shaky, and exposed

Military Coup Has Taken Over the U.S. A., Without a Single Shot Fired

Comments

j dial

Become a Fan Follow Me on Twitter

(Member since Nov 9, 2009), 27 fans, 31 articles, 51 quicklinks, 332 comments
Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

The concrete example--the functionally extinct white rhino--is piercing. Now multiply that by a million.

My husband asked me how my mental state would be if climate catastrophe was not happening. Well, even without the unraveling climate, the greed-blinded captains of unreserved capitalism are overseeing the ruination of our home. Opportunity in the Arctic ice melt!

Even on medication days I just can't take it all in.

Submitted on Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 1:56:32 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

Daniel Geery

(Member since Jul 9, 2009), 71 fans, 320 articles, 3508 quicklinks, 16080 comments, 180 diaries

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Reply to j dial:   New Content

Nor can I and if someone really can, I think they don't grasp the situation. I don't like seeing what I see, let alone posting it. Not exactly a great way to "win friends and influence people." Even though it's a small fraction of what I come across, seemingly without effort.

At least "the news" is starting to come via the MSM, for anyone with two brain cells to rub together. I tell myself not to freak out. There's nothing to be done anyway. My Keeshound, our dog with PTSD from child abuse, got off leash today and gave me something more immediate to take seriously. I'm glad I don't live in Kansas, at least not yet. We just have Yellowstone and the long overdue Wasatch fault. These distractions help. I take more pictures, read more, watch science videos including Curiosity Stream, hopefully give Tulsi more of a platform here, try to be a decent husband and step-father, drink a bit more wine, and... well, you get the idea.

Submitted on Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 4:23:10 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (0+)

Michael Fairchild

(Member since Nov 14, 2016), 2 fans, 55 comments
Not paid member and Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in Not paid member and Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in Not paid member and Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in Not paid member and Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Sorry Daniel. For me McPherson remains an arrogant self centered deluded jerk. I can't listen to him for more that 5 minutes. Does he have anything positive to say in the rest of the video after the first few minutes?

As I have said before, in my opinion he is a net negative for those of us would would like to see progress, and yes I believe progress is possible, on the reversal of climate change.

For an unbiased evaluation of his work I think this is rational:

ionalwiki.org/wiki/Guy_McPherson

"Analysis of the data by knowledgeable science educators such as Scott K. Johnson[7] and working scientists such as Michael Tobis[8] shows that McPherson wildly distorts climate science"

Submitted on Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 12:03:30 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

Daniel Geery

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Reply to Michael Fairchild:   New Content

No need to apologize to me. I am well aware of his many detractors and have listened to far more than I recall, but GM has the evidence that I see on his side. I could write a small book on this if I had total recall, but truth is I believe he understates the case. I've done two interviews with him myself and pressed him quite hard on the second one.

For now, people can jjust watch a variety of news channels on extreme weather globally and draw their own conclusions--reminding me again to call my niece in Oklahoma. Check rising food prices as farmers struggle or fold. Look closer at local biology and weather patterns. Watch ecosystems and species collapsing post haste. Toss in 7.7 billion people, lunatics ready to trigger nuclear holocaust--the real holocaust!--and the list never ends.

Watch Paul Beckwith for a more "arms length" look, while remembering he has a kid--and find even worse news. Be kind or kinder, no matter...

Submitted on Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 12:38:17 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (0+)

Daniel Geery

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Reply to Michael Fairchild:   New Content

Just added this link, that I'd call somewhat related click here

Submitted on Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 1:51:40 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (0+)

Want to post your own comment on this Article? Post Comment