1. their functioning conventional military strength (funding, manpower, planes, bombs, missiles, drones, electronic surveillance, intelligence sharing by computers, propaganda),
2. control over international institutions (a ready made security council veto in the UN), and
3. demonstrated ability to dismantle American civil institutions relied upon by ordinary American people ('Citizens United' Ruling that declares corporations are individuals, an 'identity theft' enabling control of electoral finance by the elite leading to a dysfunctional democracy), the American people along with the people of the world have a genuine problem addressing the onslaught on 'Human Rights'.
The Israelis have benefitted from the institutional weakening cited above, and utilizing its political lobby in USA have influenced legislators in the congress, senate, and members of the executive branch to empathize with its historical murderous leanings, under the cover of 'we have a right to defend ourselves from HAMAS launching missiles at us' after 7 years of our blockade, though the said missiles are neutralized by the 'iron dome' provided by USA.
During June, July, 2014, Israel has killed over 1800 Arab Palestinians 83% of them civilians, with US bombs and missiles for their national identity satisfaction.
- Advertisement -
The premise is: 'who are the entities in Gaza or elsewhere to object our actions'? Of course, history has dealt with such queries before.
So, who are these entities?
The entities in Palestine are ordinary people who are unable to defend themselves from US missiles launched by the IDF destroying Gaza homes, schools, streets, killing children, women, and men.
While other military power nations keep quiet, the defence of palestinians could come from the people of USA and people of the world who are witnessing the carnage.
And how are ordinary folk to address joint cruelty on the Palestinians?
The weakened US population and the people of the world could seek and achieve strength from their conviction in the value of human rights and from their integrity to express it through public opinion, that the 'Israel / USA joint venture' (even if it is at the behest of 'corporations and the international money-cartel, seeking profit'), is guilty of war crimes.
The vehicle through which they can achieve this result, is by asking for a United Nations General Assembly vote on the subject, where
1. Human Rights of any people is a value to defend, and
2. 'dehumanization' of any people by nation(s), a criminal offense / activity, to record.
Former Israeli Foreign Minister Abba Eban had stated that Israel's fear of Palestine was no more than its fear of Luxembourg.
That is reasonable, and world opinion has to address the distinction claimed by today's shrewd politicians.
An affirmative General Assembly vote cannot be vetoed by the US administration, and the world would have successfully placed on record the actions of these two nations toward the Palestinian people over the past decades.
The measure goes beyond a temporary 'cease fire' and seeks to halt the policy of mass murder towards the Palestinians.
As we undertake this task, we witness that perpetrators who seek to deny human rights cannot connive with the God we believe in.