over a week since this event happened. It went viral almost
immediately. Millions have already seen it. Why am I writing about it?
Simply to state this:
THERE ARE MORE WHERE RYAN SORBA CAME FROM
A young Right-wingnut disguised as a budding conservative ala William F. Buckley (who would NOT have approved) aroused anger, shame, boos, disgust and yes, a small amount of applause. No one had expected his arrogant tirade. He was very proud of it. With the first sentence, he proved that Republicans still have not mastered the art of vetting. The event is best told in short points:
- Alexander McCobin of Students for Liberty thanks CPAC for including GOProud as a sponsor...
- McCobin is booed by several members of the audience...
- Including (admittedly): Ryan Sorba, representing ...
- California Young Americans For Freedom ...
- Sorba is introduced next as the young man who appeared on Glenn Beck's show for the wrong reasons and ...
- Was supposed to tell his story...
- The first words out of his mouth...
- "I'd like to condemn CPAC for accepting GOProud"...
- It was met with a chorus of boos...
- To which he said "I love it!"
Forget the booing. It's PC. Yes, for once, booing was politically correct. A bunch of CPAC arch-conservatives would have cheered, but people were recording his sage words, so how should they have reacted? They also heard the boos for McCobin and didn't want to go down that path by cheering Sorba.
And the saga doesn't end with Sorba's words at the podium.
He gave TWO interviews.
One ended in an ugly manner and should be quoted verbatim by gay reporter Alex Knepper of Race 4 2012.
[Sorba] said at around this point that he needed to go, and put out his
hand to say goodbye. I stared at him, refusing to shake his hand, and
he said "Well, I don't really want to shake your hand, you're
When we reached the area near the escalator downstairs, he turned on his camera. I put out my arms, striking a mocking pose, but realized he kept holding the camera at me.
"Wait, are you recording or taking a picture?" He was recording.
OK" Well, I'd like to say, then, that the person behind the camera is a
Hitler Youth waiting for a fuhrer to sweep him off his feet into a
grand national project so he can sacrifice individuals like
stock-fodder to his own biases."
He turned off the camera and approached me. I told him he should get his girlfriend to give him a blowjob so that he could experience the joys of sodomy. He put two of his fingers an inch from my face and said that he'd want to fight me if a girl wasn't around. "Ah, the use of force!" I said again.