A new political party that serves the public interest is now in the process of qualifying for ballot access in time for the 2012 election ~ the Justice Party. One of their candidates for the Presidential nomination is none other than Rocky Anderson, the beloved ex-mayor of Salt Lake City whose pristine record of fighting for human rights, social ethics and political accountability leaves no doubt about his sincerity when he declares that the Justice Party will serve the public interest.
The public interest has completely disappeared not only from Supreme Court rulings, White House policies, Congressional and State legislation but from national political discourse, as if there is no longer any such thing as the public interest. As the Constitution and social programs are being systematically dismantled, everything that belongs to the public is being sold to private individuals and corporations ~ education, health care, postal service, national parks, infrastructure, even military functions, intelligence and surveillance.
Today 400 people in the
What is most insidious about this exaggerated concentration of wealth, (facilitated by Congress), is that this wealth is used to deprive the vast majority of Americans of their Constitutional right to political representation. Only the ultra-wealthy have had representation ~ until now.
Preliminary discussions about the Justice Party platform included such luminaries as Rocky Anderson,
1. Tax the rich and corporations;
2. End the wars; bring the troops home; cut military spending;
3. Protect the social safety net, strengthen Social Security and improved Medicare for all;
4. End corporate welfare for oil companies and other big business interests;
5. Transition to a clean energy economy, reverse environmental degradation;
6. Protect worker rights including collective bargaining, create jobs and raise wages;
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).