America mourned the loss of comedy's soul.
But take heart, comedy world, Sarah Palin is about to step in - by channeling Victoria Jackson with her inimitable wacky reasoning on the SarahPalinChannel.com. Yes, that looney tune Joe Jervis (Joe.My.God) calls "The Thing That Ate Its Own Brain" is being channeled by Sarah Palin: her first foray into the world of internet comedy contained the precious gem you can see below (without paying for it!). It's gone viral. And for good reason: it has no reason.
After a clip of Elizabeth Warren arguing for a raise in minimum wage - for fast food workers, in particular - the Palin hilarity ensues:
I thought fast food joints"Don't you guys think that they're, like, of the
devil or something?
That's what" Liberals, you want to send those evil employees who would dare work at a fast food joint that you just don't believe in, thought you wanted to, I dunno, send them to Purgatory or something.
So they all go vegan and, uh, wages and picket lines, I dunno, they're not often discussed in Purgatory, are they?
I dunno, why are you even worried about fast food wages because""
Actually, Ms. Palin's humor is quite deep and needs "splainin'":
What she actually meant was that, you see, all liberals hate fast food because it's not nutritious or anything. They don't go to McDonald's or Burger King or Chic-fil-A. And they hate the people who enable those fast food chains, like the workers who are underpaid so that those fast food chains can make money.
See, it's all very, very reasonable. And Victoria Jackson had nothing to do with it. Right.
The success of Sarah Palin Channel's launch has yet to be determined, but with tried and true anti-leftist content like these segments, how can it miss?
1. An Obama Administration Countdown Clock - no word on WHO will be after Obama, just to let you know that there is hope, because the end is near.
2. A National Debt Clock - with numbers based on anything that comes to Sarah Palin's mind
3. Word of the Day - Stephen Colbert watch out! These are REAL words!
4. Sarah Palin rebuttals (like the current soon-to-be-classic - see below)
5. Anti-Obama Impeachment offenses - the current count is 25
6. Bristol's Blog - for all of Bristol's many, many fans