Other explanations have been that national security was involved. That revelations of what happened might lead other terrorists to repeat such devastation.
SEC. 3. ESTABLISHMENT
There is to be established an independent group known as the Science and Technological Committee to Investigate the Structural Failures of the New York City World Trade Center’s Twin Towers and Building No. 7 (in this Act referred to as the ‘Committee’).
SEC. 4. MEMBERSHIP
(a) Members – The Committee shall be composed of the following 25 individuals or their designees:
(1) 1 Member shall be designated chair by the mutual consultation of the Committee chair and ranking member. Credentials shall require nationally recognized expertise either in structural engineering or architecture for steel-framed, high-rise buildings.
Remaining members will be selected by consultations of the House Committee’s chair, and the ranking member, and the Act’s Committee chair, shall include:
(2) 3 Members from the architects and structural engineers who designed and built the WTC.
(3) 4 Members from the New York City Fire Department who directed operations on September 11, 2001 at the affected three buildings.
(4) 2 Members from the Custodial and Maintenance staffs of the three aforenamed
WTC buildings who were on duty September 11, 2001.
(5) 3 Members from among the Project Leaders of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)’s Final Reports of the Federal Building and Fire Investigation of the World Trade Center Disaster.
(6) 2 Members from the Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth and Justice.
(7) 4 Members from the National Association of Demolition Contractors with expertise on steel-framed high-rise buildings.