Were you opposed to the policies of the Bush regime? Did you used to think critically and attend anti- war protests but now find yourself justifying Barack Obama's wars in Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and Pakistan?
If somebody you love is addicted to the "lesser" of two evils, please refer them to the following 12 step program.
1. Admit you are in a self-destructive relationship with the Democratic Party.
2. Remove conflicting bumper stickers from your collection. "Shut Down Guantanamo" and "Obama 2012" are mutually exclusive.
4. Stop lying to yourself. The President is not sucking up to the most powerful interests in the world because he loves you.
5. Cut off all contact with Obama, Holder, Clinton and Pelosi. No more phone calls or writing letters. They are aware of what they are doing and they just don't care what you think.
6. Realize Obama is standing up and fighting. Unfortunately, he's fighting Afghans, Pakistanis, Yeminis, Somalis"in your name.
7. No more excuses. The Republicans are not making Democrats increase domestic spying or deport record numbers of Latinos.
8. Get over your romantic feelings for Democrats and their supposed commitment to poor people. This election cycle, poverty is not on the agenda.
9. Make a list of all war crimes committed under Bush. Cross out "Bush" and write in Obama. Add support for indefinite detention without charge, expanded drone wars, and invasions of two more countries. It's healthy to gag at it.
11. Forgive yourself for being taken in by promises that were not delivered, and for ignoring troubling signs, because you wanted to believe in change. But remember, insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results.
12. As a result of these steps, you can now carry the message to those who still suffer from an addiction to the Democratic Party. Nothing is as liberating as resisting an evil when you know it's wrong. Stop the crimes of your government. Learn how at worldcantwait.net