Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter Share on Facebook 1 Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest Share on Fark! Share on Reddit Share on StumbleUpon Tell A Friend (1 Shares)
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites View Article Stats   115 comments

General News

Conyers Tells Rob Kall: Impeachment Not Off the Table; A You Tube Video

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 2 of 4 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; , Add Tags Group(s): , Add to My Group(s)

Rob Kall: And you wrote a book on impeaching Bush, too.

John Conyers: A couple, yes. Well then there must be some compelling reason that I'm not doing it right now.

Rob Kall: Pelosi, Pelosi keeps coming to mind. (chuckling)

John Conyers: How could she stop, well, she could stop me because actually it goes through a special committee on the House, but, Pelosi can't stop me from anything, really.

Rob Kall: Yeah?

John Conyers: Yeah.

Rob Kall: So it's you stopping you, nobody else?

John Conyers: Well I don't know who's ever stopped me before, I don't know why Pelosi's going to stop me now.

Rob Kall: You know people say it's too late, and it's not too late for Bush to start another war, appoint another Supreme Court justice if something happened, and here we are stuck with him taking care of what could be the worst economic crisis in decades...

John Conyers: Let me just say this to you because there may be some other people that want to talk to me. Let me tell you this. If we started an impeachment hearing that didn't succeed, guess what would happen. They would say that he's being demonized, that Conyers always, they campaigned against the Democrats taking over last year, wait a minute, they campaigned against the Democrats saying two things, Rangel will raise taxes if the Democrats ran and Conyers would impeach Bush.

Now to come in on January 29th after having been impressed by your logic, Rob, and saying we're going after both these guys at once and if it doesn't, and I really smile at this one, and if it doesn't work at least you did it and taught them a lesson.

Well they would take that and that would bleed right into the election of 2008 sure as we're standing here.

Rob Kall: You've got in your committee stuck there held back Dennis Kucinich's bill.

John Conyers: So what?

Rob Kall: I asked Dennis about it and you know what he said, I asked him about people not acting because they're afraid of the reaction of the Republicans, and his reply was 'that's no way to run a democracy'.

John Conyers:
Well I see Dennis Kucinich way more than you and I know a lot about what he's doing and why he's doing it. I know about my dear friend Bob Wexler from Florida and that's their right and that's their authority, but I'm the chairman.

Rob Kall: Is there anything that could happen that would change your mind?

Next Page  1  |  2  |  3  |  4

Rob Kall has spent his adult life as an awakener and empowerer-- first in the field of biofeedback, inventing products, developing software and a music recording label, MuPsych, within the company he founded in 1978-- Futurehealth, and founding, organizing and running 3 conferences: Winter Brain, on Neurofeedback and consciousness, Optimal Functioning and Positive Psychology (a pioneer in the field of Positive Psychology, first presenting workshops on it in 1985) and Storycon Summit Meeting on the Art Science and Application of Story-- each the first of their kind.  Then, when he found the process of raising people's consciousness and empowering them to take more control of their lives  one person at a time was too slow, he founded Opednews.com-- which has been the top search result on Google for the terms liberal news and progressive opinion for several years. Rob began his Bottom-up Radio show, broadcast on WNJC 1360 AM to Metro Philly, also available on iTunes, covering the transition of our culture, business and world from predominantly Top-down (hierarchical, centralized, authoritarian, patriarchal, big)  to bottom-up (egalitarian, local, interdependent, grassroots, archetypal feminine and small.) Recent long-term projects include a book, Bottom-up-- The Connection Revolution, debillionairizing the planet and the Psychopathy Defense and Optimization Project.

Rob Kall Wikipedia Page

Over 200 podcasts are archived for downloading here, or can be accessed from iTunes. Rob is also (more...)

A Conspiracy Conspiracy Theory

Terrifying Video: "I Don't Need a Warrant, Ma'am, Under Federal Law"

Cindy Sheehan Bugged in Denver

Ray McGovern Discusses Brutal Arrest at Secretary Clinton's Internet Freedom Speech

Libertarian Legacy? Ron Paul's Campaign Manager, 49, Dies Uninsured, Of Pneumonia, Leaving family $400,000 Debt

Interview: McCain Fellow Hanoi Hilton POW & Naval Academy Dorm-mate; Why He Won't Vote For McCain

Comments

Great job Rob, just great ,like I always say OpEd ... by tjb on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 10:31:53 AM
'Conyers: Let me just say this to you because ... by Mark Sashine on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 10:33:42 AM
Did you watch the video or read the script. Keep i... by Rob Kall on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 11:01:43 AM
I must be drinking the wrong stuff altogether. So... by Crystal Purcell on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 10:22:18 PM
 "Well, if we democrats are that stupid,... by rhalfhill on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 6:18:31 AM
No I can't be glad that he is running the Judi... by Gregory Wonderwheel on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 7:28:42 PM
The man is incoherent, and he doesn't even rea... by Nadia on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 6:08:05 PM
If you think that you weren't listening. ... by Brett Paatsch on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 8:58:20 PM
There is an even worse possibility.  Kenya is... by rhalfhill on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 6:40:10 AM
With Conyers they are useless. He has already said... by Gregory Wonderwheel on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 7:43:31 PM
Brettp, your questions are wel... by Brett Paatsch on Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 11:45:17 AM
So, what ARE his reasons for not pursuing impeachm... by Pixie on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 11:00:43 AM
Don't waste your legitimate feeling of frustra... by Brett Paatsch on Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 11:51:13 AM
Bob, you are certainly to be commended for your co... by Mark Watterson on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 11:34:08 AM
Senility, egotism and primal fear is a bad co... by Michael Fury on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 11:39:35 AM
Excellent work Rob. However, I must disagree with... by Munich on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 12:11:27 PM
looks  like most of the commenters above feel... by Mark Sashine on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 1:09:11 PM
I am so mad after reading this. At Conyers, that i... by Kathryn Smith on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 1:14:45 PM
Having impeachment not off the table is not the sa... by Bill Cain on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 1:16:02 PM
conyers alludes impeachment would hurt the Dems ch... by Better World Order on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 1:22:56 PM
Conyers is putting politics before what is best fo... by Kathlyn Stone on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 1:27:03 PM
 I am happy I am not the only one who wanted ... by Mark Sashine on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 1:34:56 PM
. Emotions are understandable (of course) but we n... by Brett Paatsch on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 9:06:07 PM
For those to young to remember the song it goes li... by tjb on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 1:40:02 PM
You're lookin' mighty good in that suit. T... by Cheryl Biren on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 1:40:52 PM
where's the editor when you need him ?"On... by Tony Forest on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 1:41:22 PM
Get a grip folks. Imagine what you would be like i... by GeoRip on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 1:57:04 PM
I was respectful and courteous to congressman cony... by Rob Kall on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 2:08:30 PM
besides those who just get their kicks out of crit... by Cheryl Biren on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 3:22:35 PM
Good question. Nothing I presume or we'd have ... by Brett Paatsch on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 1:59:30 AM
I'd like to see Rep. Conyers's office rece... by JonmarkP on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 5:03:29 PM
I know I could not have engaged him nearly as well... by Gregory Wonderwheel on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 7:23:30 PM
My feellings go back and forth over the issue of b... by Crystal Purcell on Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 11:20:34 PM
If Mr. Conyers has been threatened, or his family ... by Charlie L on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 1:58:28 PM
I am always mind-boggled by that mere statement. T... by Kathryn Smith on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 2:05:52 PM
Was it just me or did I hear a tone of, "who ... by Steve Slocum on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 2:16:12 PM
Last week I happened to watch Pelosi answering que... by Mr M on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 8:15:44 PM
It is amazing what we see here:  a politico c... by Mark Sashine on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 2:16:41 PM
I'd say conyers is more like an attorney under... by Rob Kall on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 2:34:09 PM
'There's no great bravery in calling names... by Mark Sashine on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 2:46:19 PM
I'm not ready to write Conyers off. He's t... by Rob Kall on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 3:19:56 PM
"I'm not ready to write Conyers off. He&#... by Cheryl Biren on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 4:02:32 PM
Rob, the interests of the people of this nation ar... by boomerang on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 10:14:05 PM
 ROB I KNOW I AM NEW TO THIS, AND YOU DID A G... by RICHARD SHADE on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 2:31:13 PM
......won't save us from what is to come. It m... by Tony Forest on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 2:37:04 PM
Personally, I felt the responses to your questions... by Peter Wedlund on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 4:00:15 PM
I do so agree with the sentiment calling on the Co... by Tom Chechatka on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 10:28:59 PM
I've been on YouTube.com and after not being a... by Kevin Gosztola on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 4:25:25 PM
or, if you haven't already, try this link:http... by Rob Kall on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 4:52:40 PM
Rob.That we can consider Conyers current position ... by Brett Paatsch on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 4:27:43 PM
If some highly influential Democrat were to state ... by Christie on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 1:08:17 AM
I did not see the statement by McGovern coming. Th... by Brett Paatsch on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 2:18:33 AM
.  .  . what the people of OpEdNews will... by Dana Pico on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 4:34:45 PM
some of us care more about the constitution and th... by Cheryl Biren on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 4:39:50 PM
regarding"what the people of OpEdNews will do... by Cheryl Biren on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 4:44:50 PM
It won't go that way, not entirely. The hearin... by Rob Kall on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 4:49:27 PM
."... hearings will drege up more and mo... by meremark on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 6:49:50 PM
I AGREE WHEN THEY SENT ANTHARX LETTERS IN OCT 2001... by RICHARD SHADE on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 2:27:53 AM
as you may have guessed "party" is hardl... by Cheryl Biren on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 5:29:08 PM
Assuming that you don't think it's too lat... by Dana Pico on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 4:36:54 PM
If they are still in office on January 16th and im... by Kevin Gosztola on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 5:29:20 PM
from Dana and so your answer begs another.To Dana:... by Brett Paatsch on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 6:13:28 PM
Good try Rob, but to get a definite answer from a ... by john riggs on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 5:55:59 PM
Rob and friendsI respectfully want to say, Rob, th... by Kathryn Smith on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 6:05:45 PM
first and foremost, and then it's a matter of ... by Kathlyn Stone on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 7:52:04 PM
There comes a time when all else fails you grab a ... by Mr M on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 10:08:40 PM
Former Congresswoman Elizabeth Holtzman served on ... by michal54 on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 6:21:29 PM
 Good job, Rob, too bad you interviewed Methu... by Rick Mason on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 6:45:32 PM
Fact is, engaged active older people have brains t... by Rob Kall on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 9:40:18 PM
Well, that's good news Rob. And I think Mr. Co... by Dom Jermano on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 8:51:35 PM
Mr. Kall, I have a feeling that your high regard f... by Mr M on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 9:12:19 PM
the fact is, it did take a long time with nixon. A... by Rob Kall on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 9:42:47 PM
I am confused.  I too was there during the Ni... by michal54 on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 7:51:04 AM
wheras Cheney and the neocons behind Bush seem to ... by Brett Paatsch on Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 12:23:45 PM
That's it Rob? So, because it might take too l... by Mr M on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 10:02:40 AM
as well, because it made a big difference to me to... by SpiritBlooms on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 9:16:13 PM
 i watched the video and personally it doesn&... by Cheryl Biren on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 9:37:58 PM
Rob, you can write him off.Conyers has more than e... by Maher Osseiran on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 9:41:41 PM
The most important part of that interview to me is... by Ben Marble, M.D. on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 9:53:18 PM
Rob, thanks for that great footage and conversatio... by August Adams on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 9:59:08 PM
I suggest that we can continue to pressure Speaker... by Gary Boutell on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 10:15:56 AM
way to go man! You got him to admit on camera what... by Ben Marble, M.D. on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 10:00:20 PM
A PROFESSIONAL politician telling the people why t... by Timothy V. Gatto on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 10:18:01 PM
It's hard to speak softly and be sweet when on... by Crystal Purcell on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 10:31:43 PM
he may not be on that island, but in paraguay wher... by Cheryl Biren on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 10:41:01 PM
Rob, just saw your interview while visiting AfterD... by via on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 10:48:50 PM
Before even starting, I wish to say that, yes, I&#... by 2yoginijewels on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 10:50:14 PM
John Conyers reminds me of my Uncle Bob,a farmer a... by tjb on Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 at 11:23:05 PM
I think Uncle Bob has his pants down around his an... by Dom Jermano on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 1:02:55 AM
Does everyone play poker with their cards face up ... by tjb on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 5:58:41 AM
Hey Mr. This is no card game, and we don't gam... by Dom Jermano on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 8:55:07 PM
Good for you Rob.  It's gotten so bad tha... by davy on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 3:45:15 AM
The article brings to mind what Kerry said when he... by laurie dobson on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 4:18:26 AM
I assume some of you have put some thought into wh... by Sam Adams on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 5:20:13 AM
you don't know by now or can't take our wo... by Cheryl Biren on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 7:07:42 AM
For the draft articles against Cheney go to wexler... by Brett Paatsch on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 7:56:05 AM
glad to hear you guys are pulling out of iraq - go... by Cheryl Biren on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 8:09:12 AM
Clinton will drive republicans to the polls in dro... by Mr M on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 9:31:25 AM
It will come on, because there is no other choice.... by Dom Jermano on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 8:48:28 PM
You're right, and right now there's not a ... by SpiritBlooms on Sunday, Feb 3, 2008 at 2:48:06 PM
This is typical of liberals, always afraid to do a... by rhalfhill on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 5:46:59 AM
btw the "on the table...off the table" t... by Ben Marble, M.D. on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 6:03:41 AM
he's on camera saying the same thing since the... by Cheryl Biren on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 7:10:49 AM
http://journalof911studies.com/articles/WTCHighTem... by Michael Fury on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 7:32:16 AM
I am inclined to give Rep. Conyers the benefit of ... by Stephen Demetriou on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 7:38:32 AM
Demand hand counted paper ballots and a process so... by tjb on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 8:27:17 AM
You wrote a good comment listing several reasons n... by Gregory Wonderwheel on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 7:18:27 PM
What we should remember is that all politicians ar... by amazin on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 8:11:41 AM
Strike08.com ... by Cheryl Biren on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 8:20:29 AM
The video and text I saw clearly suggests Con... by Roy Murtishaw on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 2:14:34 PM
There's no doubt he knows Kucinich better than... by Rob Kall on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 4:29:38 PM
His responses to you were each and everyone of the... by Gregory Wonderwheel on Wednesday, Jan 30, 2008 at 7:13:53 PM
He didn't dodge. The video and the transcript ... by Brett Paatsch on Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 at 12:28:58 PM
 -Obama says impeachment is out http://www.us... by GatorVol on Friday, Feb 8, 2008 at 9:23:52 PM
In all, I thought it was a highlight to hear the d... by Gustav Wynn on Saturday, Feb 9, 2008 at 1:27:07 PM