• There are over 100,000 species of molds. • About three dozen cause health problems in humans. • We have known for a long time about the health effects of molds.
History of Molds • Molds are mentioned in Leviticus in the Bible (Chapter 14)
• Molds were used by the Spartans in their war against Athens in 430 B.C.
• There were 65 mold epidemics worldwide between 1591 and 1889 • 1920's: Fatal kidney disease caused by mold in Denmark and the Balkans
• 1930's: Stachybotrycosis:30% of horses in Russia from eating moldy hay
• 1944: Alimentary Toxic Aleukia epidemic in Russia from eating moldy bread; 10% of the population was affected and it was often fatal
• 1952: Aflatoxicosis: killed poultry that ate moldy corn (Aspergillus)
Biological Warfare • Used in Southeast Asia from 1974-1981
• Used by Sadam Hussein
• National Guard Review EPA, FEMA and CDC
• All these government agencies agree that mold starts to grow and spread 24 to 48 hours after water damage.
• First identified and described by a scientist from wallpaper collected in a home in Prague in 1837.
- Advertisement -
• Toxic effects of Stachybotrys reported as early as the 1920s.
• Reports and surveys on mold in homes have been published since at least the late 1970s.
• In 1986, the injurious effects of trichothecenes - a mycotoxin produced by Stachybotrys chartarum and a few other molds - were reported from a study of a family in Chicago. That report, by Dr. Croft, said that Stachybotrys could be commonly found in homes with water damage, could grow undetected behind walls and could grow profusely on sheetrock.
Floods Cause a Hazardous Potential for Toxic Mold
• According to The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), mold growth in water-damaged homes is a potential hazard caused by flooding and can be a serious health risk. Molds are simple microscopic organisms found virtually everywhere, such as plants, food, dry leaves, organic material, etc. Dampness in basements, walls, carpets, and wood caused by flooding provides an excellent environment for molds to flourish
Molds and Mycotoxins
• Molds multiply very fast.
• As they multiply, they release into the air mycotoxins.
• These mycotoxins are what cause damage to humans.
1. A mold that produces mycotoxins usually produces a series of toxins rather than just one toxin.
2. If a mold known to produce toxins is present in a home or building, then the toxins it produces are present as well.
3. A toxin can be stable for weeks. It takes heat over 500 degrees F to destroy it.
What are these mycotoxins called?
• Beta Glucans
• Nitric Oxides
Effects on Human Health
• THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
• NERVOUS SYSTEM
• RESPIRATORY SYSTEM
• GASTROINTESTINAL SYSTEM
How Bad Are They?
• Cancer of the kidneys
• Cancer of the esophagus
• Cancer of the liver with a 10 year latency period
• Short Term Memory Loss
• Numbness and Tingling
• Anxiety and Depression
• Numbness and Tingling
• Anxiety and Depression
• Mood Swings
• Changes in Personality
• Aches and Pains in Arms and Legs
• Shortness of Breath
• Sore Throat
• Abdominal Pain
• Bleeding from Rectum
• Hair Loss
• Children: behavior problems
• Skin Rashes
• Fibromyalgia, hypoglycemia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Pets can get sick too....
Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis: Can cause permanent lung damage
Organic Dust Toxic Syndrome: Can occur after a single exposure to dust contaminated with mold and causes a chronic flu-like syndrome .
Diagnosis of Mold Related Disease
• Immune System Function
• Antibodies to Molds by Blood Tests
• Neurological Testing
• First, know what parts of the body have been damaged
• Second, treat the damage done, not the symptoms
• Neurological Effects of Mycotoxins
• Immune Suppression by Mycotoxins
• Effects on Children
Leviticus 14:45 A house desecrated by mildew, mold, or fungus would be a defiled place to live in, so drastic measures had to be taken.
Leviticus 13:47-50 If any clothing is contaminated with mildew---any woolen or linen clothing, any woven or knitted material of linen or wool, any leather or anything made of leather---if the contamination in the clothing or leather, or woven or knitted material, or any leather article, is greenish or reddish, it is a spreading mildew and must be shown to the priest. The priest is to examine the mildew and isolate the affected article for seven days...
Leviticus 11:47 You must distinguish between the unclean and the clean...
Regardless of the source or reason for today's mold infestations, the same "drastic measures" to rid one's self of mold are required as they were 2000 years ago.
What drastic measures were employed to eliminate mold 2000 years ago? It seems reasonable that contaminated items were either burned or buried - or both. Are mold toxins any less deadly today? Many mold-infested homes and buildings, including the infected items within, should be of immediate concern.
[The above information was obtained from Dr. Andrew W. Campbell.]
As a victim of a mold-related illness, I urge you to take this issue to heart. Look at the photos which follow. They are the sad reality of what mold-mycotoxins did to us; but we are just one case of mold poisoning. Mold is causing devastating health effects all across the USA. Toxic mold runs rampant in homes, schools and the workplace. Most mainstream physicians and even some of the agencies designed to protect us deny the serious health effects. I assure you the pain and devastation seen below is just as real as it looks. Please be warned and help bring the truth to America. It could just as easily happen to you or someone you love. Photos: Before and after toxic mold hell.
Before Toxic Mold
Toxic Mold Burns
Despite the fact mold toxins are known agents of biowarfare, the denial continues. Trichothecenes clearly poisoned us. I urge you to do a search on this toxin for yourself. You will see it's a deadly toxin produced by varios fungi, such as fusarium, stachybotrys, trichoderma among others; and as stated above, there are many different mycotoxins, just as dangerous. If a toxin is a poison and we're inhaling, ingesting and absorbing it, does common sense alone not tell you it will harm you? Many times these toxins act as a stealth poison. In our case, we never saw any visible mold; but environmental reports prove beyond any doubt it abounds within the walls of this home.
Mold victims are being abandoned by the medical community. Insurance companies continue to deny claims where lives have been destroyed and possessions lost. Where do they turn for help? Have they basically been given a death sentence? Who stands to profit by keeping the truth from the people? It appears some have a vested interest in spreading the lies and deceit. That's another story within itself, but let me say on behalf of all those who suffer from such illnesses: Those who are deliberately sweeping this under the rug and allowing this innocent people to suffer - Shame on you! Your behaviour is totally unacceptable and causes many to be unable to get proper medical care or much needed assistance. If you are liable for such injuries then accept that responsibilty. I'm a pretty strong lady but it often feel like chemicals were sprayed into my face, eyes, lungs and entire body. My immune system has been destroyed. For me to, however, imagine a child being treated this way; I refuse to accept that.
Many may deny mold-related illness as a result of misinformation. Well, ignorance of anything does not mean it does not exist. Take the time to learn. The devastation of mold victims and their families should not be ignored. The lack of concern greatly concerns me. How can I sit here and do nothing? It appears many would like to silience our voices. That is NOT going to happen. I have alot of faith in God. But I see too much suffering. Some will just give up the fight. They are rejected or told their illness is clearly psychosomatic. They often lose the support of friends and even family members. This needs to change. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. I have proof this really happened. We did not imagine it; yet toxic mold is wreaking havoc in the lives of countless victims. I can lead you to many of them.
I urge the public to take this health crisis seriously. Help us speak out. Don't let anyone tell you you cannot become very ill from mold and mycotoxins. Yes, you can! If you want to see how many people are being devastated from mold, visit Sickbuildings Yahoo Health Group. If I had not found them, I would probably not be here to write this article. I would have never been led to the right people for a diagnosis. You will see postings from victims all over the world who are sick and searching for answers.
Don't let what happened to us happen to you. God bless.
Again I thank Dr. Campbell for his support of mold victims and for the use of the information above. For a doctor to have all the wisdom in the world is great, but to see a doctor "practice with his heart" means a lot.
Toxins Attack Central Nervous System
Weapons of mass destruction - agents of biowarfare like trichothecene are produced from fungi/molds. Stop the madness.