This was President Bush's response to George Stephanopoulos referring to James Baker's presumed Iraq strategy which Stephanopoulos said is somewhere between "stay the course" and "cut and run."
Of course, sometime Monday, Tony Snow will be asked how the President could say something so obviously untrue. Below are some of the possible answers Snow will give. Please vote for your favorite reason when you comment. If you think you have a better reason that isn't listed, you may submit a write in vote for your reason that will become part of the updated poll. The results will be posted on Tuesday morning and we'll see if you're up for the job of Presidential spokesliar.
Please, only vote once. This isn't Ohio.
1. The President has a bad memory.
3. He lied.
4. What he says is only a comma in time and he can go back in time anytime he wishes to erase it.
5. Saying you've "never been 'stay the course' is the same thing as saying you have been "stay the course."
6. Hey, look! Mark Foley.
7. We'll have to wait until later in the day to find out from Sean Hannity why what the President said was in fact, the truth.
8. The President believes that "1984" is a "How To Do Government" guide.
10. You try giving another interview the same week that asswipe O'Reilly used you to promote himself and his book.
11. Just because you say something doesn't mean you "been" it.