You should seriously consider running for the Green Party of the United States’ nomination for president.
I know … I know, they spoiled your election in 2000; but this time you could spoil Ralph’s, and take away the big prize in the process. Sounds ridiculous? I think not!
First of all, if you are a principled person, and I have to believe you are, then you will have to accept that the Democratic Party are nothing but a bunch of Republicans in drag. On issue after issue, they fake left and play right. There is no difference in substance between the Republicans and Democrats. To call the Democrats ‘hypocrites’ would be a soft way of putting it.
Then secondly, on the central issue of your life these days…the “environment”… only the Green Party has consistently supported your position and advocated policies that are central to your cause. Democrats have done nothing of substance ... check out Bill Clinton’s record over 8 years …or even our current Democratic congress’s record!
And finally, the country needs a third party…a new force. The duopoly on power that the two parties have enjoyed must be broken and real alternatives must be established. In a tight congress, a third party can actually call the shots – even with a few elected Senators or Representatives. It can make a critical difference in the direction of the country and the content of bills passed in congress. Only, a well established and recognized figure such as you can provide the critical exposure and momentum to finally establish such a third force in American politics.
Let’s expand a little on these points. First here is a list of critical national issues where the Democrats are essentially with the Republicans!
1) Foreign Policy – Iraq: Virtually every Democratic presidential candidate voted for Bush’s Iraq invasions, Bush’s war spending bills, with an eventual troop draw down at some point in the future. In substance there is no real difference in REAL policies. They can nuance the statements, talk about a draw down earlier or later or accuse Bush of engineering a false war, blame Bush for everything under the sun, but they fundamentally support the war today. (Ask Cindy Sheehan!)
2) Foreign Policy - Israel: Both Parties are completely under Jewish or Israeli control. No other strategic alternative seems viable for the United States. 4 Million Jews in Israel are clearly more critical for American interests than any American interests with over 300 Million Arabs, ahead of all North Africa and the rest of the Middle East, or even 1.2 Billion Moslems!
3) Foreign Policy – Iran: It is well established that the Democrats (Carter) toppled the Shah and put the Mullahs in power in Iran. It is also well established that Reagan’s camp trumped Carter’s connections with the Mullahs and have continued a long-standing close relationship with the Mullahs in Iran. Both parties seem committed to negative rhetoric about Iran while at the same time maintaining private back room deals with the Mullahs. Check out Joe Biden’s back room meetings with former Iranian President Khatami in Switzerland at the Davos Conference or Jimmy Carter’s recent meeting with Khatami or consider Bill Clinton’s private meetings with Khatami at the U.N. during office. I could go on and on – but in essence the Democrats are committed to the same policy Bush is … ‘public rebuke and private deals’ with Iran’s mullahs.
4) Foreign Policy – Terrorism: Al, you know Jimmy Carter is the Godfather of Islamic Terrorism. He after all created and financed Afghan Fundamentalists Russia’s invasion of Afghanistan, and toppled the Shah in Iran in favor of Khomeini’s Islamic regime. If you recall, Andrew Young (Carter’s UN ambassador) called Khomeini a Saint when he landed in Tehran! So the Democrats do not have ‘clean’ hands when it comes to promoting terrorists.
5) Health Care: After all the fan fare, Bill Clinton did basically nothing. More Americans were without healthcare when he left office than when he got in. Insurance premiums in the country had pretty much doubled during his tenure! The medical lobbyists, and medical malpractice lawyers like the Jewish lobby have bought out both parties too! You know, and we all know, this will be another election issue where all kinds of promises will be made and nothing will be done. Democrats have sold out!
6) Domestic Surveillance: We heard all the noise about how bad and illegal domestic surveillance programs were from the Democrats – and then ironically in a matter of a few minutes both houses (controlled by the Democrats) voted to renew the program, without any resistance. Rhetoric on one side, and real action on the other.
There really is a voter’s market for a third party candidate – outside the main parties. We hear Michael Bloomberg is considering it! He after all financed Joe Leiberman’s independent campaign in Connecticut. (Remember Joe, he was your running mate. He can tell you a thing or two about Israel’s control of US foreign policy…so can Michael)! He can give you some tips on independent runs too.
The Green’s have become a potent global political force, with real impact on environmental issues in many countries. If your commitment to the environment is genuine, then you above everyone else should recognize their unfailing and consistent environmentalism…as well as their support for a more just foreign policy and support for universal health care.
The Democrats have no real alternative plans to offer with any degree of sincerity. They have no credibility left.
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).