If you drive at night with no lights, you may end up in the middle of nowhere or plastered around a tree! If you build a house with no blueprint, you may find the toilet centered in the dining room. Yuck! If you play a football opponent, you need a game plan. If you cook dinner for 10, you need a menu. If you go on vacation, you need a check-list and plan.
Today, the president and leaders in Congress fail to plan for the future of the United States of America. Instead, they govern by helter-skelter responses to every crisis.
For example, hydrologists and developers knew that Lake Lanier, Georgia could not continue to provide water for unending growth in the Atlanta area. Yet, they encouraged growth. Result? Today, they cannot provide water for over five million residents. Action? They want to move Georgia’s border two miles north so they can tap into the Tennessee River for more water. How stupid is that? Pretty friggin’ stupid! Why? It solves nothing. It pushes growth problems onto the next generation. Demographic experts predict Georgia will grow from 8.5 million to 16.4 million! Will they stop adding homes? Take a guess!
Another example: presidents and Congressional reps ignored illegal immigration pouring into America for three decades. Today, it’s inundating this country with diseases, tax fraud, forged IDs, lawlessness, overwhelmed schools, hospitals and our prisons. It boils across the land with the world’s greatest drug distribution network that affects countless communities.
If you look anywhere in our national leadership today from governors, to senators, and to the House representatives--no one provides a national plan for a sustainable or viable future. What does that mean to you and what should we do? Simple, and elegant – we have no plans, but we need:
* National Vision to infinity – today to 100 years from now
* Strategic Plan - the Year-2017 –Ten year plan
* Tactical Plan - the Year-2012 – Five year plan
We citizens must take the throttle, stop the train – put everything on hold – and come together, independent of race, color, creed, national origin, or political party, to behave responsibly and author a U.S. National Vision--complete by September 2008, U.S. National Strategic Plan--complete by April 2009, and a U.S. National Tactical Plan-- complete by November 2009.
1. Economists tell us Iraq will cost $3 trillion. Long term projection—over $5 trillion! No more denial – pride goeth before the fall. We must stand tall, save ourselves and admit our stupidity in Iraq. We must ask the U.N. to declare and enforce a truce, while we withdraw, our remaining soldiers intact – publicly vowing to "never do that again." Each and every one of us owns a piece of that imperialist emotional morass. “Weapons of Mass Destruction” my rear end!
2. We must restore credibility: place citizen-taxpayers first – take control of our international borders and ports-of-entry – to protect our sovereign nation.
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).