Why doesn't the government support our troops?
1. If you want to support our troops: never send them into battle without the proper equipment.
2. If you want to support our troops: prepare/fund the VA hospitals.
3. If you want to support our troops: do not bring the caskets of fallen soldiers home in the dead of night like something to be ashamed of. Bring them home with honor & dignity like every president before you.
4. If you want to support the troops: give them the proper medical/family leave they deserve & stop the constant redeployments.
5. If you want to support the troops: don't use the military to spread democracy like Stalin tried to spread Communism in Eastern Europe.
6. If you want to support the troops: bring the troops home & let the C.I.A. fight Al Qaeda. The C.I.A. are trained in this type of warfare, do not have to follow the Geneva Conventions like our military (should) does, have operated inside Pakistan (from 1979 to 1989 fighting the Russian invasion of Afghanistan) where Osama Bin Laden actually is, & can go where our military can't. We'd save thousands of American lives & billions of dollars.
7. So if you really want to support our troops then just bring them home.
8. And if you believe that the terrorist will follow us home then why haven't you secured our borders. Democrats & Republicans from the president down are guilty of putting this nations national security at risk. And for what? Cheap foreign labor. Sen. John McCain's Comprehensive Immigration Reform bill was written by corporate lobbyists to subvert the Constitution & make legal what is now illegal - at a cost to this nation's security.
Crooks like these (Sen. Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama & John McCain who signed & still support this legislation) should be run out of town... instead they're running for president!
If you want to support America don't vote for crooks!
There's a sacred trust in this country that our military will not be used except in the defense of this country, that we will not send our sons & daughters to die on foriegn soil in vain. Bush & Co. have broken that sacred trust. In the major media which reach the overwhelming majority of the population, there's a lively debate. It's between people called doves and people called hawks. The people called hawks say, if we keep at it we can win. The people called doves say, even if we keep at it we probably can't win, and besides, it would probably be too costly for us, and besides maybe we're killing too many people, something like that. Both sides, the doves and the hawks, agree on something: we have the right to carry out aggression against Iraq. In fact, they won't even admit that it's taking place. They call it the defense of Iraq, using defense for aggression in the standard Orwellian manner. We are in fact attacking Iraq. Nobody thinks that is wrong, or rather, anyone who thinks it is wrong is not admitted to the discussion. If you're a dove, you're in favor of aggression, if you're a hawk you're in favor of aggression. The debate between the hawks and the doves, then is purely tactical: can we get away with it? Moderately on the grounds of is it too bloody or too costly? Which is irrelevant.
You can't permit that understanding of reality in this country; it's too dangerous. People are free to express themselves; they can do things. Therefore it is necessary to try to control thought to try to make it appear as if the only issue is a tactical one: can we get away with it? We take it for granted that we have the right to attack any other country, overthrow any other government, and if they try to defend themselves, that's just not allowed. They're not allowed to defend themselves. Take a look at the morning news, there's a story about Iraq, breaking into peoples' homes, no running water, no electricity, hundreds of Iraqis dead daily, mutilation, kidnapping, torture, rape....nobody wants to think about it. It's just too unpleasant, so we think about something else.
The media uses terms like terrorist, civil-war, car-bombings, etc., to make it appear as if we have been attacked when in fact we are attacking Iraq,