The above link is an article published on this site by someone (Mr. Mathis) who felt compelled to trash Christians, apparently, because they are Christians. His article was speaking out against the soon to be released strategy video game based on the Christian fiction series, known as Left Behind.
Based on the ignorance displayed in the article, I can only assume the writer has never actually read the Left Behind series. Some observations:
This is what is known as a lie. The website does not say anywhere that the players will be killing liberals, atheists, or non-fundamentalists. In fact, if Mr. Mathis had bothered to read the books, he would know that the forces of Carpathia (the bad guys in the video game) actually worship HIM. They are not atheistic at all. Odd that a self-proclaimed Christian does not know that, since it is in Revelation.
2) Lead the Tribulation Force from the book series, including Rayford, Chloe, Buck and Bruce against Nicolae Carpathia the AntiChrist. (Note the good Anglo names against one of those foreigners whose names end in vowels.)"
3) Conduct physical & spiritual warfare: using the power of prayer to strengthen your troops in combat and wield modern military weaponry throughout the game world. (Forget beating those swords into plowshares and blessed are the peacemakers.)"
Mr. Mathis seems to have ignored the concept of prayer as a weapon, to instead distort Bible verses. The verse about beating swords into plowshares refers to the millennial reign of Christ, something that happens AFTER the Left Behind scenarios. Possibly, Mr. Mathis is further unaware that the Bible specifically says the opposite (beating plowshares into swords), at another point in the Bible. As for the Blessed are the Peacemakers, Mr. Mathis should have read the books to understand that it is Carpathia, who wages the war, as he is ruler of the world.
4) Enjoy a robust single player experience across dozens of New York City maps in Story Mode fighting in China Town , SoHo , Uptown and more! (Then after you slaughter the Orientals and bohemian artists, go wild killing in both the west and east villages before moving out to Queens to slay all those brown-skinned immigrants.)"
What is with the race baiting by Mr. Mathis??? This is disgusting and most un-Christian. The description on the website says nothing about the race of the people in the video game.
5) "The kiddies need to be learning something while they are blowing off liberals heads with their official Jesus M-16 rifle."
Again with the lame attempt to draw lines where there are none. The book and video game has nothing to do with liberals or conservatives. It is a Christian fiction series, based on the Bible. The bad guy, Carpathia, is the antichrist and he rules the world with an iron fist. The tribulation forces are fighting to survive and save as many souls as possible.
6) "So lets burn some witches and heretics. Torture scientists who dare discover anything contrary to the churchs teachings. Conquer foreign lands, enslave their people and take their riches, all in the name of God and Jesus."
Readers of mine will know I have no love for this president or administration. I agree with Mr. Mathis that they use Jesus politically. That however does not give Mr. Mathis the right to lie, race bait, and use the name of Jesus to do so. It makes him no better than the people he wishes to speak against.
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).