Genesis 1: 10
George W. Bush is on vacation. Every day more children die in his war, while he is on vacation. For five weeks, George W. Bush will relax, get out in the sun, and take it easy, while your kids die. Of what value is their blood to this man? What does their sacrifice mean to a man that thinks nothing of relaxing while they die? A man who thinks so little of them, that he refuses to meet with a mother of one of the dead.
A mother of a slain soldier is sitting in a ditch outside the ranch of George W. Bush. Where is our moral president? Where is the president of family values? This is the persona that has been packaged and sold to Christians across this country and they bought it. Where is the Christianity of George W. Bush? It is one thing to say that Jesus Christ is your favorite philosopher during a photo op, but quite another thing to actually adhere to the philosophy of Christ on a daily basis.
Would Jesus Christ leave the mother of a murdered soldier sitting in a ditch in the summer heat of Texas, while he vacationed? I would think not. There is a stark difference between someone claiming to be Christian, and someone walking with Christ. The Word of God says:
I direct our president, who likes to play Christian, to the book of Proverbs 6: 16-19, where God tells us the six things which he hates:
1) Haughty eyes Haughty is defined as scornfully and condescendingly proud. That is the epitome of George W. Bush. When he had already committed this nation 's sons and daughters into harms way, he dared the people trying to kill them with empty words of bravado, such as "bring em on! " Refusing to admit any errors, in what we all know is a disastrous war, reinforces that Bush does indeed see his work through haughty eyes. In his world, everything went according to plan. He thinks nothing of using the word "war " 20 times in a speech, but cannot take five minutes for the mother of a slain soldier because the questions she will ask will be too damaging to his image. A man who smiles when saying he is a "war president that goes to bed with war on his mind ", George Bush is not shy about his haughtiness. A child of privilege, Bush speaks regularly about the sacrifice of other parent 's kids, knowing him and his do not have to play by the same rules. The fact that he does all this in a manner that is smug and completely lacking in humility is what makes his eyes haughty.
2) A lying tongue George Bush is not randomly dishonest. The truth is not something to merely be massaged when it comes to Bush. Instead the truth is something to be assaulted. There are books written just about how dishonest this man is. I will stick with Iraq, since Cindy Sheehan sits in a ditch for no other reason. The Downing Street Memos have now proven that Bush "fixed the intelligence " around his pre-set policy of invading Iraq. Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11, as purported by this president. Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction, as this president knew. Despite these facts, George W. Bush committed America 's sons and daughters to die in a desert wasteland. To add insult to death, he then comes out from his vacation long enough to tell the cameras that their sacrifice was "worth it ". He says these lies, while Cindy Sheehan waits for him to resemble anything honorable and simply talk with her. On the matter of a lying tongue, George W. Bush certainly has something to reflect upon.
3) Hands that shed innocent blood The blood of the innocents cries out from the sands of Iraq for George W. Bush. Beginning with the soldiers lost, we are looking at 8,000-9,000 dead American soldiers. These were real people. They had families, friends, and dreams. They believed in service to their country and only asked that they be sent into harms way as a last and completely necessary resort. That threshold was not met in Iraq, not even close. George Bush is proud of pointing out that Iraq is the central front on the "War on Terror ", but what he omits every time, is that HE made it that way. Besides the dead children there are those who are forever maimed from their participation in this horrific war, based on lies. There also are the other victims. The ones we don 't like to talk about. From a Christian perspective, all life matters. It never ceases to amaze me how many people who are fanatical about the right to life movement, are so supportive of death. There have been civilian deaths as there always are in war, but we have blown up weddings in this war. We have killed children. I know people want to cringe away from that and somehow blame the victims, but these atrocities are being committed in your name. The innocent blood is shed in your name. Their blood is on the hands of this president. Be careful what you support.
4) A heart that devises wicked schemes It is now being reported that the numbers of dead American soldiers is not the more benign numbers we have been hearing, but actually somewhere between 8,000-9,000. The scheme, was apparently to only count the soldiers who actually died IN Iraq as opposed to all of those who died as a result of the war. The Harring Report: Complete Official DOD Iraq War US Military Casualty List details this sinister scheme to downplay the deaths of American soldiers. This is also apparently, why Bush has not allowed cameras to photograph the returning coffins.
5) Feet that are quick to rush into evil Despite the words of Bush, he did indeed rush into this war. Knowing that the inspections were working he kicked out the weapons inspectors and proceeded to go to war. One line from the Downing Street Memos clearly illustrates this, "There was little discussion in Washington of the aftermath after military action. " We were told that it would be a fast war. We were told it would be a cheap war. It has turned out to be neither as we were rushed into this evil.
6) A false witness who pours out lies George Bush schemes his lies. He may not personally be the one saying the lie, but he has other people do it for him. The Valerie Plame situation demonstrates that. Plame was outed as a covert CIA operative, a treasonous act, by people representing Bush. Why? Because her husband had dared to tell the truth about the lies Bush had told regarding Iraq trying to start a nuclear weapons program. Never mind that Ms. Plame actually worked defending this country from weapons of mass destruction. Never mind that whomever she had previously worked with over her 20+ years as an agent would now be horribly exposed and possibly killed. Never mind the money and time invested in setting up her covert work over the years. The unpardonable sin committed by Valerie Plame 's husband, was telling the truth. When faced with that, the emissaries of Bush went on a smear campaign, lying about both Valerie Plame and her husband. There are always degrees of separation between the lie and Bush so he can feign ignorance. When the cameras are off though, there is the nod and the wink.