What can change the US to become the nation that was concieved by our forefathers? We have gone from a representative form of government to a two party corporate elitest dictatorship. It does not matter what Party is in power, the government, I.E., president, Congress, and the Supreme Court, is owned and marches to the orders of the crooked corporate elitest crowd. Anyone who thinks we have a democracy in the US is either insane or has one's head in the sand.
What can be done about it? Read the following proposals, then become an activist in your state and demand that your state legislators get Congress to call an Article V convention. If Congress won't call the convention, then insist that your state legislature sue the Congress to have the federal courts to compel them to follow the requirements of Article V in the Constitution.
The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.
Hold An Article V Constitutional Convention. (For the people, by the people, and of the people.)
1. Clean Elections. Paid for by public funds. (Max of $1000 from a citizen, or an organization in primary and in general election.)
2. Control lobbists. Lobbists must be volunteers with only expenses paid to support issues only; not laws, companies, organizations, or individuals.
3. Term limits. A candidate may serve two terms only. Change term of office to four years in House and Senate. Phase in House members so that only half will be replaced each election.
4. Elect president by popular vote. Eliminate Electoral College. President and Vice president will run individual campaigns by political party. A simple majorty of votes selects top Candidate for that party for general election. This also applies to Indepedents and miniroty parties. All parties will have parity on ballet. Any candidate getting 25,000 signatures or 3% of registered voters signatures in his/her state is elgible to run in the national Primary and will be placed on the ballot in the home state. All states will place them on their primary ballot.
5.. Provide for Citizen's Initatives.This is direct democracy. 27 states currently have it. Citizens will make laws, remove laws. Recall any elected offical, including president, Vice president, Congresspersons, or Senators. They can be removed for treason, felonies, (federal or state), bribery, certain misdemeaner crimes, failure to perform duties defined by their office. Failure to enforce the law, or failure to uphold the Constitution, Citizens will also have the authority to remove appointed officals for malfeasence of office or failure to enforce the law. This applies to all judges, cabinet members of the president, vice president, or governers. Citizens Inititaves may also propose Constitutional Amendments. It would be placed on the National Primary ballot, it would take 67% of voters approving the inclusion of the amendment to have it put on the ballot for the general election. It would take 75% of voter to approve the amendment to make it part of the constitution.
6. Elect Supreme Court Judges. Their term would be for 10 years. They can run for two terms. They may be impeached by Congress, or recalled by citizens through a recall petition.
7. Provide for electronic voting. Votes can be done from home computer, buisness computer, or voting machine, or a mailed ballot. Every computer used in voting must be registered with the person's pricinct by serial number, operating system and the voter must have a password, a voter registeration number. The voter registeration number will be computer generated and will be changed for each election. The same number can be used for national primary and national general election. All city, county and state political office terms will also be changed to 4 years and hold their elections every four years. This cuts down on the cost of elections and campaigns. If a person dies or is removed for cause a replacement can be appointed by the party the person belongs to, or by Govenor, or legislative body the person belongs to. If appointed, they must be in same party. Once a person is elected to office through affilation with a political party, they must remain in that party for the full term. That means no switching parties while in office.Anyone, or any organization, hacking into voting computers will face a $25,000 fine and five years in prision. Anyone alterning voting records will face a $100,000 fine and 15 years in prison. No judge can alter these sentences.
All votes will have at least three paper trails. a. a printed record at the pricint, a printed record at the City, County, and State level. Also, the individual must print out a copy of the ballet and for whom s/he voted. This ballot must correspond with the other two records. These records will be maintained for at least 8 years by voting officals, and 4 years by voter.
8. Eliminate income tax and the IRS. Enact Fair Tax that would consist of a national sales tax. Of 15% on domestic produced in the USA or it's territories. 30% on imports, and 45% on reimported products, (products made by American companies that have their manufacturing in other countries. Also, all American companies must be incorporated in the United States. Tax money will not be used to subsidise any company, farm, ranch, or any other organization. The Government may be a participating partner in research and pay for the majority of the cost of the research. The Government will hold the majority of the patent and may license the patent to private business, but will be paid royalties on the patent as if the government were a private party.
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).