The Florida Progressive Information Network (FLPIN) www.flpin.net intends to create exactly this sort of power for progressive issues in Florida. FLPIN is designed to help progressive organizations effectively mobilize progressive individuals so that politicians at all levels of government will be forced to pay attention to their issues.
FLPIN acts as a directory for progressive organizations across the state containing groups working locally, regionally and nationally on progressive issues and allows them to send out alerts to individual activists based on geographic and issue area criteria.
• Protecting Human/Civil/Equal Rights
• Protecting the Environment (includes a concern for animal welfare)
• Separation of Church and State
• Strengthening Public Education
• Ensuring equal and affordable access to quality healthcare
• A dedication to Peace and Justice
Because the strength of FL-PIN rests with the members of the network, registration is currently free for both individuals and groups. I encourage you to go to www.flpin.net and join today; both as an individual and as a group and help us test out this new system.
We all know that the current political landscape is horrible for progressive ideas and issues. We can choose to complain about it, or we can choose to change it. The Florida Progressive Network is a solid proposal for progressive change, but it needs your participation to work.
Come see how FL-PIN can help you!
· Groups: Reach more people quicker.
· Individuals: Become a more effective advocate.
Go to www.flpin.net and sign up for your free membership today!