UN Human Rights Council: America's Imperial Tool
by Stephen Lendman
HRC supports power and privilege.
In 1945, the UN was established:
- "to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war;
- reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights;
- (support) equal rights of men and women....of nations large and small;
- establish conditions under which justice....can be maintained;
- promote social progress;
- practice tolerance and live in peace; and
- (promote) economic and social advancement of all peoples."
It failed on all counts. It's largely a US imperial tool. It's been so from inception.