From Robert Reich blog
Trump voters. Nearly 4 years in, here's an updated list of Trump's 40 biggest broken promises.
1. He said coronavirus would "go away without a vaccine."
You bought it. But it didn't. While other countries got the pandemic under control and avoided large numbers of fatalities, the virus has killed more than 130,000 Americans*, and that number is still climbing.
2. He said he won't have time to play golf if elected president.
But he has made more than 250 visits to his golf clubs since he took office -- a record for any president -- including more trips during the pandemic than meetings with Dr. Fauci. The total financial cost to America? More than $136 million.
3. He said he would repeal the Affordable Care Act, and replace it with something "beautiful."
It didn't happen. Instead, 7 million Americans have lost their health insurance since he took office. He has asked the Supreme Court to strike down the law in the middle of a global pandemic with no plan to replace it.
4. He said he'd cut your taxes, and that the super-rich like him would pay more.
He did the opposite. By 2027, the richest 1 percent will have received 83 percent of the Trump tax cut and the richest 0.1 percent, 60 percent of it. But more than half of all Americans will pay more in taxes.
5. He said corporations would use their tax cuts to invest in American workers.
They didn't. Corporations spent more of their tax savings buying back shares of their own stock than increasing workers wages.
6. He said he would boost economic growth by 4 percent a year.
Nope. The economy stalled, and unemployment has soared to the highest levels since the Great Depression. Just over half of working-age Americans are employed -- the worst ratio in 70 years.
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).