'They are crimes whether the United States does them or whether Germany does them and we are not prepared to lay down a rule of criminal conduct against others which we would not be willing to have invoked against us'
(Image by wikipedia.org) Details DMCA
- Any person who commits an act which constitutes a crime under international law is responsible therefor and liable to punishment.
- The fact that internal law does not impose a penalty for an act which constitutes a crime under international law does not relieve the person who committed the act from responsibility under international law.
- The fact that a person who committed an act which constitutes a crime under international law acted as Head of State or responsible Government official does not relieve him from responsibility under international law.
- The fact that a person acted pursuant to order of his Government or of a superior does not relieve him from responsibility under international law, provided a moral choice was in fact possible to him.
- Any person charged with a crime under international law has the right to a fair trial on the facts and law.
- The crimes hereinafter set out are punishable as crimes under international law:
a) Crimes against peace
b) War crimes
c) Crimes against humanity
- Complicity in the commission of a crime against peace, a war crime, or a crime against humanity as set forth in Principle 6 is a crime under international law.
"This trial is part of the great effort to make the peace more secure. It constitutes juridical action of a kind to ensure that those who start a war will pay for it personally. Nuremberg stands as a warning to all those who plan and wage aggressive war" - Robert H Jackson.
George W Bush - "Crimes of Aggression" #VERDICT "they acted with deceit and with falsehood" - #IraqWar "Misleading the American People and Members of Congress to Believe Iraq Posed an Imminent Security Threat" to the United States "Fraudulent Justification"Article II - AnAmericanChilcotReport.