Trump and his crew are working hard to keep aged-dangerous reactors opened, in America. They are doing so, in spite of the flooding and hurricanes that destroyed a good part of Houston three years ago, and put half of New Orleans under water last week. There are many beat-up reactors in areas like this in the USA!
Climate change is much more dangerous than we are led to think. The flooding in Iowa, Nebraska, Louisiana, Arkansas almost set off 4 of the oldest, most cracked and embrittled nuclear reactors in the world in the past weeks and last couple of months. It is due to unprecedented flooding in the mid-west and south.
A 7.1-magnitude earthquake in southern California could have set off the Diablo Canyon reactors. The two large earthquakes there probably did some damage.
If a reactor blows up all bets are off, yet Trump and his crew are dead set on one or more nuclear cataclysms Occurring in the United States in the next 3 years! This alone is the most immediate need for Trump's expedited, impeachment leading to his ouster in 2020.
1. Trump and his nuclear industry cronies use and push for more government money and rate increases, to keep the the worst of the 97 old reactors in America going when they should be closed.
Last week Senate Republicans voted at the urging of Trump, to subsidize two of the oldest and most dangerous reactors in the USA, staying opened at taxpayer and ratepayer expense.
2. Trump and nuclear-corporate cronies, have successfully allowed the extension of the operating licenses of reactors, that are long past due to be shut down.
3. The Trumpsters are methodically and busily deregulating supervision of nuclear reactors. Reactors that are cracked, have failing cooling systems, inadequate back-up systems. Highly embrittled reactors are allowed to stay opened, under Trump's strident policies of nuclear-reactor, deregulation.
4. Trump's NRC chairman killed regulations made after Fukushima to watchdog reactors in hurricane zones, flood zones and earthquake areas. Old beat-up reactors, like Diablo Canyon in California and Weatherford in Louisiana, are allowed to stay in operation, when hurricanes, earthquakes and floods hit instead of temporary shutdowns, till the danger passes.
These old reactors in hurricane zones and, earthquake zones are well past their due dates, to be shut down.
5. In the face of what has happened at Fukushima and Chernobyl, Trump and the republicans blocked the closing of two of the oldest and most dangerous reactors in the world in Ohio.
6. Trump and his minions have struck down rules and regulations that would have forced the closure of aged reactors, in dangerous earthquake, hurricane, and flood zones. Dangerous reactors like at Diablo Canyon or old Gulf Coast, Mid-western, and Atlantic reactors that continuously flood now. Most of the 97 old embrittled cracked reactors in america are well past their due dates.