The Constitution Of "The Direct Democracy Republic Common Wealth Of The United States Of America" -- Part 2 - Our New Bill Of Rights and Responsibilities -- Article 15 -- The Rights and Responsibilities Mercifully and Intelligently Given To Other Species Of Our World.
There are many ramifications of Our Rights and Responsibilities to Other Animals of Our Planet. We would do well to eliminate certain creatures, because they are harmful to Us. But We must be careful not to remove too many links in the chains of Life on Our Planet.
(68) Animals have the Right to "low-stress" Lives, before they die. They shouldn't have to want for adequate food, water and shelter. They should not be isolated, unless their personality calls for this. The Responsibility of this Right lies squarely on Humanity. It is Our Responsibility to provide reasonable levels of comfort and decent relationship, to Animals; either through what We construct in Our Civilization, or in the non-crowding and non-pressuring to wild Animals domains in the remaining wildernesses of Our Planet.
(69) Animals have the Right to adequate space to Live in, according to the needs of their kind.
(70) Animals have the Right to Healthy Food and Water.
As much as possible, what We have for Ourselves, as "clean" and healthy food and water, We should also provide for other species. The main point here, is that disease free and nutricious food be provided. All environments on Our Planet are Our Responsibility.
(71) Food Animals have the Right to painless and quick non-suffering deaths. (Injections perhaps?)
When We do kill animals for food, it is Our Responsibility to do so as painlessly and as quickly as possible. For the Creature to just go to sleep and then, in that state, die, would be the ideal.
(72) "Pets" have the Right to good no-cruelty treatment, affection and Love from their Human Owners.
(73) "Show Animals" have the Right to Live when they have superficial and/or cosmetic abnormalities. Killing them because they are not up to rigid genetic trait standards is unacceptable.
We should sell or give away, as "Pets", the show animals that do not meet cosmetic standards. Not kill them.
(74) "Service Animals", such as "Guard Dogs" and "Draft Animals" should be trained in their tasks Humanely and not made to perform beyond their capabilities.