June 19, 2008, Americans across the nation will demonstrate in favor of guaranteed healthcare and in protest of AHIP — America’s Health Insurance Plans — the insurance industry lobbyists who profit from pain. Their annual convention will be met by thousands of protestors onsite in San Francisco and simultaneously in cities across the nation. PLEASE JOIN US!
THERE IS A SOLUTION to America's healthcare crisis but we need your help!
HR 676 (Conyers) The United States National Health Insurance Act
SB 840 (Kuehl) California Universal Healthcare Act
In order to get involved, here are the five best steps to take now:
1) For protest in your area contact: California Nurses Association
National Nurses Organizing Committee
2000 Franklin St.
Oakland, CA 94612
888 16th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006
2) Sign up with your email address HERE in order to get updates,
We need to mobilize locally- & demand national action. Few of us could go to Washington, DC- but many of us- can go to our city halls or state legislatures- or local Congressional offices.
When planning a protest,any
Select Your Target
Sites for a protest must be on public property unless you have written permission to hold your event from the property owner. You can be arrested on
private property. Potential protest sites include:
- Outside State, County, City, Town, or Federal buildings
- State and County election commission offices
- Town Halls, City Halls, State Capitols
- National Media offices and studios (only on nearby public owned and maintained sidewalks, parks, and open spaces)
- Post-Protest Planning
Don't leave your protesters hanging. Announce at your protest things people can do after the event . Announce and hold a post-protest "What's Next" meeting. Communicate other activities happening elsewhere and the need for continued action and involvement. Remind everyone to spread the word about the state of our country and the urgent need for effective reform.
- PASS OUT FLYERS FOR JULY 3rd & 4th Impeachment Protest