1. Denial. It sounds stupid.
2. Presence. I don't get it, but because others are on it, so I will be too.
3. Dumping. I only use it to plug my latest ...
4. Conversing. I can use it for conversations that get to the point.
5. Microblogging-I use it to publish useful information and converse.
With so many web sites out there, I can see Twitter's appeal. Progressives can certainly use it for action alerts and organizing. I am just a newbie wondering where to turn next.
I was in radio until the conglomerates bought us out and some of us bought in. All the newspapers and many of the magazines I used to write for are long gone. I worked in TV until I couldn't take it anymore.
I've written the NewsDissector blog for ten years, often weighing in at 3000-6000 words a day. I jumped onto Facebook and have all sorts of people I don't know-and some I do-wanting to "friend me."
It's hard to keep up.
I jump between two email accounts, filled with "breaking news" that breaks my concentration.
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).