Over 11,000 cases filed against FET- members in Ankara
The Chief Public Prosecutor's Office has launched more than 11,000 cases against suspected members of Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FET-) probe in Ankara since last year's defeated coup in Turkey, the office announced on Saturday.
The 11,325 cases were against suspects accused of "attempting to stage a coup" and "being a leader or a member in armed terror group". Among the total 57,567 suspects, 9,271 were arrested as part of investigations into FET-.
FET- is also behind a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through the infiltration of Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police, and judiciary, according to the Anadolu news agency.
Turkey urges world to take FET- threat seriously
The Turkish Parliament's Foreign Affairs Committee has urged countries around the world to take the Fetullah Terrorist Organization's (FET-) threat seriously as Turkey marks the first anniversary of the deadly July 15 defeated coup.
In a letter sent to foreign affairs committees of parliaments world over where Turkey has a representative office, the Turkish committee's chairman Taha -zhan warned his foreign counterparts to not believe that FET- is a threat just for Turkey.
He said FET- members' failure in Turkey does not entail their failure in other countries. The letter called for supporting the Turkish people and the state in its fight against FET-.
The letter described FET- as "the new age terrorist organization," and reminded that FETO members coordinated operations in 173 countries, which poses a clear threat to the whole world.
"Following the July 15 coup attempt, more than 20 countries heeded the call of Turkey and showed their support to this just cause by closing down FET- schools within their jurisdictions and transferring the administration of the school to Turkey with the aim of barring the terrorist organization from the human and financial resources."
-zhan said many countries remained unaware of the danger. "They are yet to thoroughly analyze the political psychology of the terrorist organization and uncover their insidiousness through investigative journalism," he said.
OIC backs Turkey on 1st coup anniversary
The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) has underlined support for Turkey on the first anniversary of a failed coup attempt. In a statement on Saturday, the OIC reiterated its condemnation of the failed coup, launched last year by rogue elements within the military that martyred 250 people and injured nearly 2,200 others.
According to the Turkish government, the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FET-) and its U.S.-based leader Fetullah Gulen orchestrated the defeated coup. FET- is behind a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through the infiltration of Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police, and judiciary.
OIC Secretary General Yousef Al-Othaimeen recalled that the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers had adopted a resolution in October 2016 that showed the OIC's full solidarity with Turkey in their fight against FET-.
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).