It is way past the time for us to face reality and take action!
The Bush/Cheney "crowd," past and present, have committed high crimes against the US Constitution, humanity, and the planet at the level of genocide. They have misused the powers that the US citizenry faithfully gave to them and paralyzed the economy and quality of life in the US. As such it is my firm belief that ALL of those who perpetrated these crimes against the US Constitution should be arrested and indicted. Impeachment is not enough!
Although these crimes are not limited to the myriad war crimes related to the illegal and undeclared Iraq war, particularly in light of all the senseless loss of life that has occurred while on their watch, I believe that arrest, indictment, conviction, and imprisonment after Bush and Cheney have left office is the only firm punishment for the whole lot of them.
When the US Congress was still under Republican oversight, a bill was passed that exempted the Bush/Cheney gang from being punished for war crimes committed against "detainees." But this does not exempt them from the World court AFTER they leave office. They have committed a merciless genocide of the morals, standards, and laws of the US and the World, as well as the lives of the people of the world. It is time to work to get them in front of The Hague after they leave office.
Here's part of what I have gathered to date from reputable sources that justifies the arrest and indictment of those in the Bush/Cheney administration who sanctioned or committed crimes against the US, humanity, and the planet...although there is much more!
THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION
Declined to sign the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control, to sign a World Health Organization treaty with the aim of reducing the 4-million people who die worldwide from tobacco related diseases every year. Bush and his administration did this because of the donations they recieved from the tobacco companies. The USA is one of the few countries not to sign.
Tobacco could be called the biggest weapon of mass destruction...
GEORGE W. BUSH CRIMES
1. Bush broke international law when he ordered the USA to attack Iraq without UN sanction.
2. Bush defied the UN again when he refused to close Guantanomo Bay prison after the UN declared the prison to be a torture chamber and in violation of international law.
3. Bush set up Guantanamo intentionally outside of US jurisdiction to try to avoid judicial oversight, implying that he knew that the activities there would be in violation of USA and international law.
4. Bush secretly and illegally wiretapped USA citizens' domestic communications, which is an illegal and secret invasion of USA citizens' privacy. These were undertaken without a judge being notified and without supplying legal oversight of wiretapping/phone/internet surveillance, which is in direct violation of USA law. Meanwhile, the Republican-led Congress tried to amend the law to make it legal for a president to conduct this sort of secret activity.
5. Bush and his administration condoned and created illegal, secret, overseas prisons where prisoners are held without due process and are tortured.
6. Bush created the Patriot Act, which sanctions unconstitutional invasion of privacy, secret requests for wiretaps, and other practices from secret judges. USA citizens and others have no knowledge of the invasion of their privacy, no access to records of activities, and no recourse when they are arrested and given no reasons for their arrests and denied access to legal counsell.
7. Bush has signed and continues to sign legislation that Congress passes, then, he adds personal statements that deny the implementation of the legislation or negate the laws.
8. Bush was told Saddam was not part of 9/11, was not part of Al Qeada, and was not trying to get nuclear material from Niger Africa. Yet, Bush lied to USA citizens and the International community when he claimed these accusations as true, or claimed that he been told these are true.
9. Bush was told the Iraqi situation continues to worsen. Meetings were held and graphs were presented that showed the grave increase in violence. Yet, such information was withheld from the USA citizens and the world, and Bush spokespeople have made counter-claims that the violence is decreasing.