It's a time of reflection on the past eight years and I wanted to share what I have personally learned from Republicans and specifically, The President of the United States, George W. Bush. These are precious life lessons that I feel I wish to share.
1. Special people, depending, are above the Law, any law.
2. If you don't agree with a law that everyone else has to abide by, you can personally opt out. This one lesson learned makes everything that you could ever wish to do ever so much more easy.
3. The Bush Family, going back to Pre-WW2 has really made the American system work well for them.
4. Beautiful minds don't have to think about the dead sons and daughters of average Americans the Bush family put in harms way for whatever reason. If they hate our freedoms, you can throw as many American sons and daughters at them as you need to!
5. One Family can be responsible for the deaths of 70,000 US Military personnel over a decade by direct or indirect means and over 1,200,000 lesser human beings on the planet as they count lesser human beings...and evidently sleep very well.
6. Poor people are thrilled to live by the thousands in a public building as, they were "underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them."
7. "Wait a minute. What did you just say? You're predicting $4-a-gallon gas? ... That's interesting. I hadn't heard that." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C.
Yep, I've learned there is a lot you haven't heard about.
8. "I can press when there needs to be pressed; I can hold hands when there needs to be -- hold hands." --George W. Bush
So I have learned, like the Apostle Paul, you have refined the art of being all things to all men in all your peace summits and negotiating with others.
9. "If you've got somebody in harm's way, you want the president being -- making advice, not -- be given advice by the military, and not making decisions based upon the latest Gallup poll or focus group." --George W. Bush
From this I have learned that The President really knows how to lead, and is an example to follow forever in the future.
10. "The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th." --George W. Bush
I have come to appreciate the painful honesty of our President.
11. "I'm honored to be here with the eternal general of the United States, mi amigo Alberto Gonzales." --George W. Bush
I have learned that some things we consider eternal are merely temporary and that's a good thing. Thank you!
12. "There are some similarities, of course (between Iraq and Vietnam). Death is terrible." --George W. Bush
I've learned that to discern the deepest and most meaningful lesson from past mistakes is not as easy as one might think.
13. "I said to her, make sure the rug says 'optimistic person comes to work.'" --George W. Bush
I have learned that, like the voice of God, a good rug can tell you a lot on how to get the job done.
14."One of my concerns is that the health care not be as good as it can possibly be." --George W. Bush Thank you!
From this I learn that out of the abundance of the mouth, the heart speaks just as you would see from your own daily Bible study
15. "I'm a strong proponent of the restoration of the wetlands, for a lot of reasons. There's a practical reason, though, when it comes to hurricanes: The stronger the wetlands, the more likely the damage of the hurricane." --George W. Bush
My understanding of good science and how the ecosystem works has been greatly enhanced by this Presidency.
16. "I got a lot of Ph.D.-types and smart people around me who come into the Oval Office and say, 'Mr. President, here's what's on my mind.' And I listen carefully to their advice. But having gathered the device, I decide, you know, I say, 'This is what we're going to do.'" --George W. Bush
From this, I have learned that education is guud and asking "is our children learning?" should always be a priority. This President, as both Decider and Commander Guy, listens. We should all learn from this. I think it clearly explains why everything is running and going so well, at this time in history, for America.
17. "I will not withdraw, even if Laura and Barney are the only ones supporting me." --George W. Bush
I've learned that taking advice is so important and this adminstration knows well how to cooperate and seek wise council.
18. "You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --George W. Bush
Here I learn that even though something is difficult to do, if you work at it, don't give up and be creative, you can get it done.
19. "See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." --George W. Bush
Yes, how well we know! What a lesson! Thank you, Thank you!
20. "This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table."
From this I learn what the word "ridiculous" really means in the mind of a Bush. "Ridiculous--a realm where all things are possible and even probable." Thank you!
21. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
I don't think I have noticed the truth of anything every spoke by such leadership in America as this one! A remarkable lesson for us all and one which we will not soon, if ever forget.
Time would fail to tell of fish and people getting along, OB-GYN's, Foolin me once or twice, I forget and how much more easy it would if America was a dictatorship and the Bush family, not minding ,as long as..well you know. I even learned from the VP that if you shoot someone in the face, they have to apologize to you for upsetting you!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for these lessons in life and government that I could never have leared anyplace or from anyone else! I am honored and not a bit concerned, however, about our future.