Time to comment on a recent fundraising letter
Begin forwarded message:
From: "President George W. Bush"
Date: March 13, 2008 12:23:36 PM MDT
Subject: Republican Victory Begins With You
During the last seven years, you have stood shoulder to shoulder with me to meet the challenges that faced our country.
In forced lock-step, with no dissension allowed!
Laura and I are forever grateful for your help and steadfast commitment.
Thank God you don't think for yourself.
As the 2008 elections draw closer, I ask for your continued support for our Party and our important principles.- Advertisement -
Those important principles include:
1. Legalizing torture (regardless of the impact on captured American servicemen & women);
2. Preventing those pesky liberals from reinstating the principle of habeas corpus which we have managed to get rid of for the first time since it was enshrined in the Magna Carta (no one needs to know who is
accusing him of what, and it has the added benefit of reducing costs because the guilty --I mean "defendants" wink, wink-- will not get defense lawyers);
3. Protecting American phone companies from lawsuits over their illegal activities;
4. Protecting me from lawsuits over my illegal activities;- Advertisement -
5. Bankrupting the country so that "failed social programs" will no longer need to be funded, and all tax money can go to my cronies in the defense racket... err, industry, and it's handmaiden, the oil industry;
6. Continuing to switch money from alternative energy assistance to continuing tax subsidies for the most profitable industry in the annuls of history: my friend, the oil industry;
7. Continuing to lie to you about our "fiscal responsibility" while we run up the largest deficit in history, borrow money from China to put our children and grandchildren in debt, and move jobs out of the country while allowing corporations and the wealthiest among us to avoid taxation altogether;