Who will be blamed if Bush and Cheney suddenly strike Iran, as the Russian Intelligence Services and other sources are are implying? The knee-jerk reaction will be to blame Bush and Cheney, who are to blame, however we must remember that it takes more than two men to start a war! Who is it that is enabling these warmongers to endanger every citizen in the United States? The elements of corporate America and the military that support another war have to be considered, but ultimately, they can only pull-off another attack if the public is largely unaware of their plans. It’s time to be realistic and place the blame squarely where it belongs, on America’s Mainstream News Media!
Why? Americans are experiencing the toughest times that I can remember, and I’m 57 years old. Twenty-eight percent (28%) of the USA is on food stamps, and the Independent is calling it USA 2008: The Great Depression. It’s hard to imagine that when you shop at the store, slightly more than one out of every four households are shopping with food stamps! If we’re going hungry now, and I’ll admit that I’m one of those that has to exist with help from the government - how fast will it get much worse and possibly result in severe food shortages in our own country? The American people are tired, worn down by the economic crisis we face - and the majority of the country is dead-set against another war! For those who struggle on a daily basis to keep gas in their cars and food on the tables, how outraged would they be if they knew that another war was possible, perhaps likely, after the April deadline for Iran to submit to UN demands expires, if they even wait that long?
After Vice-President Dick Cheney left Saudi Arabia last week, this news came from Saudi Arabia:
Last Friday, Dick Cheney was in Saudi Arabia for high-level meetings with the Saudi king and his ministers. On Saturday, it was revealed that the Saudi Shura Council — the elite group that implements the decisions of the autocratic inner circle — is preparing “national plans to deal with any sudden nuclear and radioactive hazards that may affect the kingdom following experts’ warnings of possible attacks on Iran’s Bushehr nuclear reactors,” one of the kingdom’s leading newspapers, Okaz, reports. The German-based dpa news service relayed the paper’s story.
Simple prudence — or ominous timing? We noted here last week that an American attack on Iran was far more likely — and more imminent — than most people suspect. We pointed to the mountain of evidence for this case gathered by scholar William R. Polk, one of the top aides to John Kennedy during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and to other indicators of impending war. The story by Okaz — which would not have appeared in the tightly controlled dictatorship without approval from the top — is yet another, very weighty piece of evidence laid in the scales toward a new, horrendous conflict.
We don’t know what the Saudis told Cheney in private — or even more to the point, what he told them. But the release of this story now, just after his departure, would seem to be a clear indication that the Saudis have good reason to fear a looming attack on Iran’s nuclear sites and are actively preparing for it. MORE
It’s noteworthy to add that the link to the original story from Saudi Arabia no longer is active, demonstrating they must have been pressured to take the story off line - or it was being hit so many times they had to remove it because of a limited traffic capability; if the VP of the Us visits a country, and the country begins to prepare itself for the possibility of nuclear fallout and the possible effects of what they hope will be a “limited” nuclear strike by the US on Iran, isn’t that what most of us would consider to be a major news event? If the South Koreans were preparing themselves for an eminent attack from North Korea, the MSM would have the story on every front page in America - as they did when the north recently threatened South Korea. If we, who find these articles and compile them in a manner that indicates the sum of the whole indicates the US is preparing to attack Iran, we have to believe the MSM has the same, if not more information of a national concern that they refuse to address. I feel sure they will respond when the dastardly deed is finally underway that they couldn’t report upon the issue because they were advised by Washington that it would endanger national security - an argument that is pure poppycock when these stories are traveling around the world on the Internet.
The answer is not that they would endanger national security, but that if they raised the alarm, which is the duty of the MSM, Americans would react on a scale that would shake the foundations of the Washington political system! If we attack Iran, and any type of ground deployments become necessary, as it likely will, where will the US come-up with the military personnel to bolster the ground troops we would need for another prologued war? There’s only one answer, and that would be to re-implement the draft, taking away the breadwinners of many American homes, thereby furthering the economic despair that millions of us experience on a daily basis. How will China and Russia react? What if countries that express their indignation and revulsion of our aggressive policies decide to mount some sort of an embargo against the US? Do we believe that we are so high and mighty that the world will embrace another conflict, especially one that could easily escalate into WW III with the current amount of anti-American sentiment that is demonstrated throughout the world?
The MSM is concentrating on the upcoming November elections and the economy in the US - essentially using it as cover for failing to warn us of an impending attack against Iran. When we are faced with an issue that affects every American here and abroad, it’s time to bombard the MSM with emails, letters to the various editors, and calls to Congress to demand answers. On an issue this serious, the least the MSM could do is to try and debunk what is stated on the news in other countries - tell us why it’s not a problem, and assure us that our military isn’t readying themselves to attack Iran. If Russia is stating that they have evidence an attack on Iran is imminent, I believe that it is not only newsworthy, but to ignore a threat as dire as an attack that could be a precursor to WW III, if the MSM refuse to uphold their responsibility to warn the people, they are as guilty as those who make the final decision to begin the attack.
There is strength in numbers, but if the only people who know that disaster is in the making are those who receive their news via alternative news sources - there will never be enough outrage and fear to stop this attack before it starts, and to place our future in the hands of a MSM that has repeatedly sided with the Bush administration is a guarantee that Bush and his cronies will succeed. Once again, those that demand peace over war are being marginalized, much as they did with potential Presidential candidates - but that was an election, and this time, the issue we face may ultimately be one that affects our ability to guarantee that there will be a 2008 election - and hoping that Bush and Cheney don’t set the Middle-East on fire before they slink out of office. We can stop it, but only if we come together in solidarity instead of refusing to heed the writing on the wall that is now being chiseled in stone.