Democrats took heavy pains to preface their questioning of the general by praising his honorable and courageous service to the country.
Faster than a Sean Hannity minute, the radio Lords of Loud went Frank Luntz all over the Dems blasting them for their egregious attack on our troops while they are "in harm’s way™."
"Undermining the troops™" followed closely by "emboldening the enemy™," or even worse, "wanting America to lose the war™," has always been a go-to branding employed by Republican mouthpieces whose job is to label anything a Democrat says as a damning of our soldiers.
Democrats might say that asking why a soldier is aiming their rifle in the wrong direction is not a denunciation of the soldier, but a patriotic request for a clarification from those who ordered the soldier to point the wrong way.
How, Kevin Bacon might ask, is asking questions of a man who has shown up to answer questions be deemed so malicious?
It’s really a fun game.
1. Senator Hillary Clinton asked General Petreaus "Don't you think the American people deserve a very specific answer about what is expected from our country in the face of the failure of the Iraqi government and its failure to achieve its political agenda?"
2. General Petreaus is in charge of American troops in Iraq who are attempting to supply the security for the Iraq Government that has failed to achieve their political agenda.
3. Clinton is blaming our troops for the Iraqi Government’s failure.
Bam. Democrat "undermining the troops™."
See it’s easy. Wanna try something a little tougher?
1. House Majority Leader, Nancy Pelosi said, "We need a new direction in Iraq that will protect our troops, promote stability in the region, and make America more secure."
2. Pelosi is from San Francisco where they have more gay pride parades than cable cars.
3. Most of the "Village People" group were gay, with one member dressing as a soldier and after recording "In The Navy," as a sailor.
4. With Pelosi’s own constituents wearing the uniform of our brave fighting men and women in Iraq, how in the hell does she expect to "protect our troops" when the Village People haven’t had a hit in over 25 years?