Debate Questions Corporate Media Won’t AskThe Corporate-media sponsored Republican and Democratic presidential candidate debates are a well-constructed farce, designed to keep real issues from public cognizance and discusssion. After all, they own the ‘weapons of Mass Distraction’ and clearly intend to use them against We, The People. Any list of real, relevant and significant questions for "our" presidential candidates would include the following:
1. How do you campaign for months on end and still represent your constituents? Are you not AWOL as a legislator or Governor?
2. Do you agree we ought to have full public financing for campaigns and get corporate money out of "our" election system. How much time do you spend raising money instead of performing your duties?
3. Do you believe we ought to have media give-backs for air-time and some semblance of a fairness doctrine to give minority parties their say?
4. Do you believe that money is speech or power? Do you agree with the Supreme Court’s definition in Buckley v. Valeo?
5. Do you believe the United States is a real Democracy or, effectively, a Plutocracy and Oligarchy of the rich and powerful?
6. Did you vote for, or continue to support, GATT/NAFTA? Do you think "free trade" has been a good thing for this country? For First World Standards? For democracy? Or, simply for those global international companies who have layed off many american workers, and have gained so much from international labor arbitrage?
7. Do you advocate getting out of the WTO? Would you if a majority of the American people wished to do so?
8. Would you call for the American people, and other countries, to elect their representatives to The World Trade Organization?
9. Do you think we should purposely ruin/diminish our currency value in order to compete against fasicst and undemocratic regimes, instead of having incentivizing, rifle-shot, tariffs adjustments to achieve better trade balances?
10. Do you support continuing to gut our tariff policy, give away our markets, and have monetary policy – i.e., currency ruin for everyone - attempt to adjust trade imbalances?
11. Do you believe it has been wise to become utterly dependent on a Communist, undemocratic, China for so much of what we need to live, and even for our critical defense needs?
12. Would you support a system of Distance Tariffs – (i.e., the greater the distance to market, the greater the tariff) so that we minimize the fossil fuel transhipment of goods and keep from destroying ourselves and our environment in the process of "free" trade?
13. Do you support higher taxes on SUVS and 8-cylinder cars?
14. Do you support a front-porch style, no fossil-fuel, election campaign instead of barnstorming around the country in a 4-mile-to-the-gallon behemoth? Have you heard of the internet and YouTube?
15. Do you accept the judgement of thousands of independent scientists regarding global warming, or prefer oil-company sponsored "science" on the matter?
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).