Assaulting humanity and the Earth with shocking impunity, the White House's Machiavellian acolytes of Strauss shamelessly lead the charge for soulless corporations, obscenely wealthy individuals, perverse hypocrites of the Religious Right, a diminishing number of allies, authoritarian regimes that bow to their will, and their state terrorist proxy in Tel Aviv.
Psychologically and economically enslaving billions of human beings, facilitating the deaths of millions, and redefining the word "exploitation", the relative few who monopolize most of the world's material wealth and military power mercilessly inflict widespread suffering to ensure the perpetuation of their morally repugnant existences fraught with excess and hedonism.
When satiated to the point of nausea by their gluttonous over-indulgence, they occasionally spew torrents of putrid vomit upon the rest of humanity as they purge to renew their blunted appetites. What a blessing for the have-nots to receive such a feast!
For years the corporate media have fostered an environment of perpetual hysteria fueled by the public's fear of contrived enemies such as the "God-less Communists", and most recently, the "Islamo-Fascists" and "terrorists". Serving the dual purpose of manipulating the masses and significantly boosting the fortunes of the many-tentacled leviathan known as the military industrial complex, fear-mongering has served the purposes of the ruling elite to near perfection.
The biggest threat to the majority of the population in the United States (and the world, for that matter) is the enemy within. In the malevolent socioeconomic paradigm spawned and perpetuated by the United States, survival of the fittest is the reality. And might does indeed make right. Despite ostensibly enjoying freedom and prosperity, many US citizens pay a devastating spiritual price, much of their freedom is illusory, and prosperity is becoming increasingly concentrated into the hands of a few.
One day the malevolent individuals comprising the ruling elite may find themselves in Dante's Ninth Circle for their betrayal of humanity. Or perhaps the Malebranche will keep watch over them for eternity in Malebolge. But for now those "evolved capitalists" consistently abuse their influence over humanity to maintain their material prosperity, despite the horrific human cost.
Moving from the abstract to the concrete, consider a mere handful of specific examples of US "benevolence" and "democracy". [Note that a tyrannical socioeconomic system that virtually guarantees that power (in the form of wealth) remains in the hands of a relative few made each event or circumstance possible]:
1. The indigenous people of Turtle Island were nearly driven to extinction.
2. Chattel slavery endured until the Civil War and institutionalized racism persisted into the 1960's.
3. Dickensonian Capitalism manifested itself through miserably low wages, child labor, hazardous working conditions, employee abuse, and a "Gilded Age" for the wealthy elite.
4. FDR schemed to draw the United States into World War II by provoking Japan into attacking Pearl Harbor (and allowing the attack to happen). On his watch, the United States also interned 110,000 Japanese Americans and killed hundreds of thousands of European and Asian civilians. In so doing, the United States did help take out two ruthless tyrants and a brutal imperialist. However, toppling Hitler, Mussolini and Tojo enabled two of history's most despicable regimes. Stalin and Mao slaughtered tens of millions as they implemented Stalinism and Maoism. (Unfortunately for reflexive Red-haters who utilize Mao and Stalin as examples of the "evils of Communism", neither of these monsters were actual Communists).
5. Under Truman, the American Empire annihilated over 200,000 Japanese civilians in Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Truman also paved the way for the formation of Israel and the initiation of the genocide of the Palestinians.
6. LBJ and Nixon oversaw the deaths of three million Vietnamese and 59,000 US military personnel.
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).