Here are some leftover gifts found under a magical tree, if only I had the power to give them....
* For Pakistan. Peace and reconciliation.
* For Dick Cheney: Impeachment.
* For Big Media. Some soul and integrity.
* For lending regulators: Laws against luring buyers into homes they can’t afford
* For the NRA, humility in the face of massacres by kids bearing stolen assault rifles.
* For patriots wanting to do more in the “War on Terror,” here's a little package of hardship.
Nothing so severe as what our parents and grandparents faced during the Great Depression
and War War II, just more challenging than, say, going shopping for America and pasting faux
yellow ribbons on your SUV. How about some good, stiff incentives for parking your guzzler
in favor of car-pooling, biking, running, walking and mass transit? How about "green" light bulbs