We need to protect our food supply in this country from contamination but the Radio and TV shows have all been wrong about the Food Safety Modernization Act, which goes by many numbers, S 510, S3767, HR 2749 , it will not make your food any safer! It places the completely corrupt FDA (Federal Drug-Pushing Agency) in charge of inspecting and controlling your food supply. The same agency that is bought out by Big Pharma and Big Ag, the same agency which has been proven (by the Harvard School of Medicine and many other studies) to be internally corrupt, unreliable, unprofessional, unethical and prone to bribery, this agency will now be in charge of your organic food and natural supplements---great, what Bozo thought of this! This bill needs to be killed and the whole process started over with the Food Freedom Amendment included in any future bill and the FDA out, please fight back today by phoning your Rep and Sen and email by going to;
Food Safety Bill Passes Senate
More Action Needed to Rescue Local Organic Farming from One-Size-Fits-All Food Safety Bill!
Enter Your Zip Code
Six important amendments shepherded by the National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition that protect local, small and organic producers threaten to be lost in this final shuffle if the bill miraculously passes in the final moments of Congress's short lame-duck session. These are amendments by:
- Senator Sanders (D-VT) providing FDA authority to either exempt farms engaged in low or no risk processing or co-mingling activities from new regulatory requirements or to modify particular regulatory requirements for such farming operations.
- Senator Bennet (D-CO) to reduce unnecessary paperwork and excess regulation required under the preventative control plan and the produce standards sections of the bill, including instructions to FDA to minimize the number of different standards that apply to separate foods, to make requirements scale appropriate, and to prohibit FDA from requiring farms and other food facilities to hire outside consultants to write food safety plans.
- Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) to provide for a USDA-delivered competitive grants program for food safety training for farmers, small processors and wholesalers, with a priority on small and mid-scale farms.
- Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) to strip the bill of wildlife-threatening enforcement against "animal encroachment" of farms and require FDA to apply sound science to any requirements that might impact wildlife and wildlife habitat.
- Senator Sherrod Brown (D-CO) to exempt farmers from extensive and expensive traceability and record keeping requirements if they sell food directly to consumers or to grocery stores, to allow labeling that preserves the identity of the farm through to the consumer to satisfy traceability requirements, and to in most cases limit farm record keeping to the first point of sale when the product leaves the farm.
- Senators Jon Tester (D-MT) and Kay Hagan (D-NC) to give small farms and food processing facilities as well as direct-market farms who sell locally the option of complying with state regulation or with modified, scale-appropriate federal regulation.
We've all heard that passing legislation is like making sausage, but the safety of our food and the future of small, local and organic food producers is too important to be left to a last-minute process that could give powerful lobbyists the opportunity to perform 12th hour sleights of hand.
From the Natural Solutions Foundation; www.HealthFreedomPortal.org
The Global Voice of Health & Food Freedom „
The House May Vote 6:00 PM Today!
Unless we continue to PUSH BACK HARD!
S. 510 IS NOT DEAD YET BUT OUR PRESSURE CAN KILL IT
Today's House Majority Whipline says no votes until tonite.
The Latest Word from Our Insider Friends on "the Hill"
PUBLIC PRESSURE IS THE ONLY THING THAT CAN KILL S. 510
The Battle for Our Food Freedom Isn't Over Yet!
Politicians are maneuvering and manipulating to the last moment to pass S 510...
Here's the latest update from this morning. I know these are Republicans below but they are the ones who are protecting our family and small farms right now. We spoke with -
Dr. Paul's office says there is a chance that a House substitute for S.510 will be considered today.
Sen. Coburn's Office: "As far as we know there may be an attempt to insert the Senate bill language [S. 510] into a "must pass" bill (such as a budget bill in the House) and send that back to the Senate... if it is returned as as a stand-alone bill, there is probably not enough time to debate and pass it this session, but if it is part of another, already scheduled bill, we don't know what will happen."