US Quandary: Iran offers help to combat Al Qaeda
By Mathew Maavak
June 15, 2014
Yesterday, Iran offered to work with long-time foe Washington if the latter took the lead in repelling Sunni Arab militants who have seized a swathe of northern Iraq, and are threatening to redraw the Middle Eastern map.
A smart move by the Iranians, and smarter yet to attach those critical conditions. Here is a brief breakdown on the (mainly propaganda) implications of this Iranian offer.
1. It shows the West has to combine forces with its manufactured nemeses if it ever wants to combat militant Sunni Islam. The "war on terror" was a spectacular failure precisely for this reason. There have been close to 24,000 jihadi attacks worldwide since 9/11 and the numbers are increasing geometrically. Around 99% of these attacks are the handiwork of militant Sunni Islam, whose, epicentre lies in the J-5 (Jihad 5 nations comprising Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar and UAE).
2. The West will have to make a serious U-Turn with regards to Iran and other nations it used to demonize on a daily basis such as Russia. The alternative is 9/11, 7/7 and a host of other terror attacks in Western cities. Even now, attacks on Western cities and targets are expected to surge. But the trillion-dollar question remains: Will the West dare?
3. The Iranian stance forces the US to reveal -- once again -- where it stands on militant Sunni Islam. The world wants to know too where the United States and the West stands on this issue while entire geographic areas... from the US (eg Boston bombings) to the UK to India to Thailand ad infinitum are constantly hit by jihadi attacks.
Of course, for now, they may offer resolute "drone strikes."[tag]
4. The US will likely not act beyond drone strikes unless it has clear proof that ISIS/ISIL (aka Al Qaeda) may turn against its J-5 (Jihad-5) patrons in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain and the UAE. The J5 probably hosts the highest regional density of US military installations anywhere on earth. While the US spends tens of billions or more annually to protect these Sharia tyrannies, the J-5 funds international jihad that, in turn, targets Westerners and US soldiers. This is no longer an irony. The West has effectively written off such blowbacks as "collateral damage," tantamount to "friendly fire." Over decades!
While the Western mainstream media is deliberately vague about the national composition of the ISIS/ISIL, and avoids mentioning fighters from the J-5, Saudi Arabia alone had negotiated with 1,239 prisoners slated for execution to be trained and sent to "jihad in Syria" in return for a full pardon and a monthly stipend to their families. Convicted felons, including murderers and rapists, are the kind of "freedom fighters" the West continues to promote.
5. A belated move to enter the Iraqi war, after ISIS decides to venture into the J-5 heartland would only show -- once again -- that the US Army (and NATO) is pretty much a K9 unit for Gulf Arab Sheikhdoms and Wahhabi Islam.
6. A belated entry into Iraq (and possibly Syria) would also draw out "holy warriors" from the J-5 to combat US and NATO in Iraq and Syria. The global jihad hydra would be anticipating this right now, and it gives them time to group up and move to the anticipated battlefield. Don't expect J-5 immigration authorities to cooperate if this is indeed the trend.
The Sheikhs might find it more convenient for US troops to be killed by J-5 citizens in Iraq rather than battle -- and defile -- J-5 holy lands. House-to-house searches to flush out militants inside the J-5 would be sacrilegious. What if US troops find women inside clad in track pants and t-shirts? US/NATO soldiers would have to fight with one hand tied around their backs, and the other around their...
7. Sunni clerics, who partly fuel ISIS/ISIL (Al Qaeda) militancy, routinely issue threats to wipe out Israel and global Jewry every day though this is not reported in the Western Press. (The West would rather mistranslate, distort and repeat a la Goebbels the alleged one-time threat of Ahmedinejad). The annihilation of global Jewry is part of the Sunni apocalyptical prophecy.
The recent Brussels shooting at a Jewish museum was just a harbinger. What if calls for US military intervention grow louder in tandem with increased anti-Jewish attacks? A belated entry by the US/NATO would be played up as a "global Zionist conspiracy" by the Sunni Islamic world.The Shias and Iran would be too busy keeping their homes and women safe.
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).