Beer batter fried cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, peppers, atichoke hearts, or other vegetables like okra. Yummy!
* 1 1/2 cups beer, open one too many and put it in the fridge until the next day
* 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, sift before measuring
* 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional because the Dip has loads of garlic innit)
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 egg yolks, beaten
* 2 egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks
* vegetables: cauliflower and broccoli florets, cooked artichoke hearts, green pepper strips, mushrooms, okra, etc.
In a mixing bowl, combine flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and garlic powder. Stir in olive oil, egg yolks, and flat beer; beat until mixture is smooth. Fold in the beaten egg whites. Dip vegetables in the batter. Fry in deep hot fat, about 375°, a few at a time, for about 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately. Makes about 3 cups of batter for the veggies.
Dip anyone ?
Net result: 1 1/2 Cups
* 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
* 4 ounces cream cheese
* 1/3 cup mayonnaise
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
* 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
In a mixing bowl, combine the above ingredients with mixer until blended well. Keep it away from the cat until ready to serve.