This piece was reprinted by OpEdNews with permission or license. It may not be reproduced in any form without permission or license from the source.
Heightening Anti-Iranian Tensions
Obama and Israel want regime change in Iran by any means.
by Stephen Lendman
For months, Iran faced baseless accusations. They include:
- the spurious US Saudi ambassador assassination plot;
- charges about developing nuclear weapons;
- being the "world's leading state sponsor of terror," according to AIPAC;
- targeting Israeli officials in India, Georgia, and Thailand; and
- planning Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak's assassination, according to The Israel Project citing Kuwait's Al Jarida newspaper.
All of the above don't pass the smell test. Charges are baseless on their face. Yet major media scoundrels headline them for days. In the process, they heighten tensions for belligerent intervention.
Moreover, they ignore past US/Israeli terrorist attacks blamed on Arabs, and both countries' notorious histories of targeted assassinations and other destabilization schemes.
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).